Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun scoring in Practiscore

grantg

Last weekend we hosted our first 3 Gun Nation shoot for the season. When I built the match I did it on my iOS platform. I got everyone registered for the match and then sent the match to the kindles for scoring the match. The kindles didn't receive them as 3gunnation matches, but rather as USPA matches. the penalties weren't there, the scoring was difficult.

I see that 3 Gun Nation isn't an option when building a match in the kindles. Is there an update coming for this or am I missing something easy?

If I remember correctly, you can build your penalties as you want them. That is what we do when we run a 2/3 gun match. our penaties were different than 3GN, but similar. we will in the future probably use theirs as we are traveling to many 3GN matches so why make it difficult. That said, we found no problem, I build in Ipad, Sync to and collect data in NST, sync back to Ipad and go on my merry way.

Time Plus is not the issue if I understood the question, it is the specific penalty values.

All I know is we've set up our own and it worked. I have not desire to ever go back to paper scoring! My work load is not 20% of what it used to be.

Set up the match as a time plus. Build stages. Then setup penalties and their values. Sync and run as usual. We run a Ipad as our master with nooks as our scoring devices. Have never had any issue when properly setup on the master ahead of time.

Time Plus is not the issue if I understood the question, it is the specific penalty values.

All I know is we've set up our own and it worked. I have not desire to ever go back to paper scoring! My work load is not 20% of what it used to be.

We've always setup Time Plus w/ Points for our 3-gun matches but I haven't used the new 3GN-specific match types yet, since we don't run those. The penalties that come with Time Plus w/ Points are largely accurate but we don't use all of them and modify some others too. It seems like this would work for what the OP mentioned.

You don't want to use the 3 Gun Pro match types. Those are setups specifically for the Pro series use. 3 Gun Nation uses time plus in their regional and club matches. Time plus and time plus with points record the same data, but may produce different results due to the fact that the points matches have a balancing effect on scores. They reduce how badly you can do on any given stage.

The answer to that issue with time plus that 3GN offered in their new club and regional rules is a maximum stage time of 250 seconds. This includes the composite total of penalties and raw time. Practiscore's next release will implement this rule, but it is in the books for 3GN now.

Practiscore is supposed to refuse to sync match types that are unknown to it, but there are older versions out there that lack that functionality.

TP and TPP match types will sync across all platforms of Practiscore.

Best practice is to test your setup ahead of time. Do frequent backups (Send yourself the PSC files). Ask as many questions as needed: support@practiscore.com . We are happy to help.

If you have the match files still on your master device and on the stage devices, we can likely recover and consolidate the data for you. Please contact us at support@practiscore.com and we will see what we can do to recover your match data.

Russell