Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A/D question...

arshooterxm15

I agree with the DQ, but would lean more toward it being into he ground too close. Just to play devils advocate, what if the shooter makes the argument he wasn't finished. The command is "if you are finished, unload..." If he didn't unload and show clear, it wasn't an AD during unload and show clear, he was still shooing the course of fire.

Again, just devils advocate, I'd DQ him too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with the DQ, but would lean more toward it being into he ground too close. Just to play devils advocate, what if the shooter makes the argument he wasn't finished. The command is "if you are finished, unload..." If he didn't unload and show clear, it wasn't an AD during unload and show clear, he was still shooing the course of fire.

That could be a legitimate argument in some cases and I could definitely see that side if it were potentially the case...but in this case it was evident the shooter was finished and the ND occurred after the SO gave the command to unload and show clear etc.

That could be a legitimate argument in some cases and I could definitely see that side if it were potentially the case...but in this case it was evident the shooter was finished and the ND occurred after the SO gave the command to unload and show clear etc.

I'm too lazy to look up the IDPA rule. In that other sport, you can definitely still shoot after getting the 'if finished, unload and show clear' command. You can't shoot after the 'if clear, hammer down and holster'. Shooting at the ground less than 10' away is always a dq unless there are targets there tho.

I assume IDPA is different just to be different, but at any rate, the situation you describe sounds like a clear DQ, and I would probably be pretty pissed about it not getting called. Doesn't matter who it is.

In that other sport,

:devil:

Nice one. I have been given "if you are finished..." had the mag dropped and saw a standing piece of steel. Shot the steel strong hand, then showed the RO the empty gun. At that time the RO calmly said "if clear, hammer down and holster".

In that other sport,

Nice one. I have been given "if you are finished..." had the mag dropped and saw a standing piece of steel. Shot the steel strong hand, then showed the RO the empty gun. At that time the RO calmly said "if clear, hammer down and holster".

I did that last nationals to pick up a hardcover mike. with 1.5-2 seconds, it only added minimally to my score, but mikes hurt my feelings.

In that other sport,

Haha, nice