Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp cleaning

Revofan

Several threads about it if you search.

Personally I use a mixture of 50% white vinegar and 50% hydrogen peroxide (creates Parecetic Acid). Soak the comp in it for a few hours or overnight. Lead and carbon will scrape out like butter. Rinse and repeat. Wear rubber gloves when handling anything that was in the mixture. I have never had it stain or damage a stainless or titanium comp. Just be careful using it on softer metals such as aluminum since it could actually start to dissolve the aluminum if left soaking too long.

Edited by scottlep

Personally I use a mixture of 50% white vinegar and 50% hydrogen peroxide (creates Parecetic Acid). Soak the comp in it for a few hours or overnight. Lead and carbon will scrape out like butter. Rinse and repeat. Wear rubber gloves when handling anything that was in the mixture. I have never had it stain or damage a stainless or titanium comp. Just be careful using it on softer metals such as aluminum since it could actually start to dissolve the aluminum if left soaking too long.

I also spray the comp with anti-splatter welding spray after cleaning. Seems to make the next clean up a little easier.

I also spray the comp with anti-splatter welding spray after cleaning. Seems to make the next clean up a little easier.

Dillon case lube works well too. Just a small shot before you shoot the gun.