Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Tactical DS Lite

Vermilion

Anyone seen one of these in person? Looking at picking one up as I've always wanted a 2011 and I want to carry it too. I've search almost every dealer, gunbroker, gunsamerica ad I could find and haven't turned up much of anything.

tactical-lite.jpg

Check the STI dealer locator on the STI website. You may have to order one if not in stock. There is a 8 week lead time on this pistol. If your going to carry it often I would look at the "lite" version. I carry mine and love it, but I may be bias... :)

Yeah I was looking at the Lite version. On y'alls website under lite it says DS lite so wasn't quite sure what model was the right one. Do yall have a model number for Tactical Lite 4" regular barrel in 9mm? Might be easier to search or call people.

i've done a few idpa matches with my tactical lite 9mm 4.0 2011 to get used to it and function check it, and it has worked great.

dustin, what holster(s) do you recommend for this?

You can get it threaded with night sights or non threaded and black Novak sights.

I use a modified safariland 1911 holster or custom kydex I had made by a local guy. I also have the Bladetech DOH that works well with a 4" thread barrel or 5" non threaded.

this might be the most expensive thread I've ever opened... I used to be perfectly happy with my M&P pro for HD, but now looking at these little STIs I remember how nice a 2011 can be.

I used to carry a 4" tactical 45 full weight frame, but it would just pull my pants down loaded up with all those rounds. nice powerhouse, but couldn't make it work for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have anything to say good/bad/ugly about these now that they have been out for a bit?

Looking for a new EDC and I am really interested in these, however I have not heard any range reports other than davesco above saying his 9mm ran good in an IDPA match.

I tend to favor .45 for EDC, but I am considering going .40 instead.

Edited by Iggy42