FTF

Wesquire

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many rounds through it so far? What weight recoil spring? It's the last round of every magazine? Different mags? Factory ammo?

it does it every time. Does it with all recoil springs. Handloads. I've tried 1.1-1.14 oal. .377 crimp

Edited by Wesquire

First off, grip tape on a Tanfoglio with extreme grips? One of the seven deadly sins..

Mine completely went away over a couple thousand rounds. I removed my extractor and polished it and also removed a burr that was there.

Also I removed a burr that was on the underside of the gun near the slide rail except it is more near the extractor.

It also seemed to help when the feed ramp was clean.

WJM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428461387.374175.jpg

Mine did same thing but not just on the last round

what fixed it?

Can't say it's fixed yet. I went Sunday to sight it in and only had limited amount of time. The first 100 or so rounds it was doing the failure like all the time. I changed recoil springs and got little better. Then the last 4-6 mags I ran thru it their were no failures. I won't know til I get back to range

First off, grip tape on a Tanfoglio with extreme grips? One of the seven deadly sins..

Mine completely went away over a couple thousand rounds. I removed my extractor and polished it and also removed a burr that was there.

Also I removed a burr that was on the underside of the gun near the slide rail except it is more near the extractor.

It also seemed to help when the feed ramp was clean.

WJM

Lol, what can I say? I love aggressive grips. Though the xtreme texture would be enough, but I like the low profile either way.

So I went today and put another 200-250 rounds thru my Stock III and the feeding issue maybe slightly better but still getting 4-5 per mag not feeding. I put a 10# new recoil spring in, I shortened my OAL from 1.125 which I've used in Stock II and never had feeding issues to 1.115, and I increased my crimp a little. All these rounds passed the Hundo case gauge. Any ideas what else I should try or be looking at to diagnose the issue? I polished the feed ramp as well. Crazy thing is I can eject a round that didn't chamber, put it back in the mag on top and then it'll chamber and fire the second time usually. What gives????

Maybe it just needs some break in?

I think you guys are kind of chasing your tails with these Stock 3s. If your ammo works in a Stock II then that's the LAST think I would mess with. Get the guns broken in first.

Give us a little more info Wesquire. Bullet type, weight, and OAL. Velocity of the load per chronograph?

Have you taken the extractor out and polished the eff out of it? Don't remove any metal (other than burrs), just polish.

I know my Witness is finicky about different OALs for FMJs versus JHPs. Fifty thousandths makes a big difference to that gun.

Maybe it just needs some break in?

I think you guys are kind of chasing your tails with these Stock 3s. If your ammo works in a Stock II then that's the LAST think I would mess with. Get the guns broken in first.

Maybe your right. My load ran in both my stock II's clean or dirty. I'll give it another 500 rounds or so and then if still having issues I'll trade it in for a Hi-Point and shoot Production with that kinda bad mamma jamma

Stock 3 is a long slide. The recoil springs are longer. Same with the guide rod. Stock 2 runs a 3.8" guide and the stock 3 runs a 4.2" guide rod.

Good catch, did you order the wrong lengths?

Stock 3 is a long slide. The recoil springs are longer. Same with the guide rod. Stock 2 runs a 3.8" guide and the stock 3 runs a 4.2" guide rod.

I've been using the standard length and it has worked great. My 3 point jam issue isn't recoil spring related

Hmmmmmm, I know I'm using the long guide rod. I specifically ordered the long slide. I will have to check the length of the recoil spring. That may be part of the issue but I'm hopeful that with the correct recoil spring then it's just a matter of breaking the gun in some more.

Gump, curious if you are running the standard slide or long slide recoil springs?

Come to find out I did have a short recoil spring in my III, not a long slide one. I was having these FTF before changing the spring but thanks for pointing that out as at least now I got a proper one installed