Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCI Monotube

jk_nh

I won a gift certificate from RCI at the 2014 Blue Ridge Mountain 3G. I hope to redeem it on a Monotube. Quick question for those shooters who are running one now.

Can the Monotube accept a QD socket for a sling? I've read on BE that these tubes are so rigid, a clamp is not necessary. Without that clamp to host a front QD mount, how are you setting up a two-point sling?

Grateful for any suggestions.

I just got a monotube myself and spoke to RCI about this issue. There are little holes in the monotube and you have to thread them for a sling swivel. The QD system then bolts on to the sling swivel. Not the most elegant solution but I guess it works. I realy like the monotube though.

+1 on the RCI Mono tube......I just got one for a M3000.

You do need to tap the hole from what I can see (I could be wrong, they may be tapped), but the holes are there, close enough to the barrel lug, you won't have to worry about support and yes, the tubes are very stout.

The particular one I got is a 10 round tube and I opted to also pick up a +2 extension.

One thing I will say......I really do like the cap with the fine thread.......that thing is never going to come off or loosen up during a stage and the +2 extension threads right on as well, then the cap threads on to that.

The 10 round monotube is about an inch or so longer than the 26" barrel......RCI nailed it with this one.

Tim

Thanks TRUBL on the extension tip I've been thinking of picking one up. Mine doesn't have any loctite on it, this is a long solid tube with pressure against it from the forearm. I don't think you need loctite and personlly I wouldn't do it after the pain I went through removing the factory tube. I like to swap my parts out often so loctite is my enemy.

I've not used loctite on the RCI tube......haven't really found a need to. Would never use the 262 though....242 would be fine if you felt the need.

My M3000 is the camo version......so when i removed the tube, I could not use a torch at all......instead went for my wife's hair dryer (shhhhh) on the high setting for a couple minutes, had the receiver in a padded vise....and the tube spun off with ease.

Tim