Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOOOOONG 3 gun case

Midway has a 3 gun bag that holds my a5 with a 12 round tube....not the drag bag either, that thing is crap for 3 gun.

What am I missing, been using a Midway Drag Bag for years? Easy access, decent bump protection, keeps the dust out if I chose to keep guns cased during a match, carry options between house or motel room, etc.

Midway has a 3 gun bag that holds my a5 with a 12 round tube....not the drag bag either, that thing is crap for 3 gun.

What am I missing, been using a Midway Drag Bag for years? Easy access, decent bump protection, keeps the dust out if I chose to keep guns cased during a match, carry options between house or motel room, etc.

I'd be interested to know, as well. I'm looking at both the Midway Drag Bag and the 3-Gun Bag, and the drag bag looks better to me.

I've currently got this one -> http://www.amazon.com/Voodoo-Tactical-Caliber-Rifle-Drag/dp/B005JDY644

It's not bad, and I like the fact that it's got padded shoulder straps for longer-distance carry. The pocket configuration isn't ideal though, but it's all I could find at the time.

Hogue is making a FANTASTIC bag now that will accommodate the longer unicorn-type shotguns we use in 3-gun. My buddy has one, and it's built like a tank. The only downside is that it doesn't include the backpack-type shoulder straps. They're apparently working on developing it, but last I heard, they're not there yet.

http://www.hogueinc.com/store/products/hogue-gear-extra-large-double-rifle-bag-w-front-pocket-and-handles-black-10-tall-52-long/8502

• 4 months later...

I just started using Midways drag bag and I really like it. But I have a pistol range bag (Also Midway) to carry everything else for 3gun. Just used it all Thursday and left my cart a home for the first time. It worked out awesome for me. I prefer my Carr, but can't take it with me to fly away matches In its current config.

• 3 weeks later...

Get the Hogue bag. I have a VM with a 12 round tube and it fits easily. Plus there is a TON of space and pockets to fit lots of other great. It is built completely bomb proof and very rugged. It was designed with input from some top 3 gun shooters

I got one of the voodoo tactical double bags to fit my long gun and it will hold a 60" gun inside with good protection. I fit two full sized bolt guns, a pistol, mags, binoculars, bipods and rangefinder in mine regularly, along with eyes and ears a few boxes of ammo. That's a heavy load, but it's built incredibly well. Definitely has the tactical look, which isn't my favorite necessarily, but at the time it was the only case I ran into that would fit my big bolt gun with 33" of barrel and brake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a couple of the Safariland 3 gun bags, fits a Versa Max with a 12 round tube ( with the little extension pouch ), measures about 53-54 " with the pouch, 48" for the main bag. The thing I really like about them is they have tons of pockets of all sizes plus molle loops on the front to add more storage. I never have a lack of space, plus has 3 different ways to carry, handles, shoulder strap or back pack strap and is pretty well thought out. Has spots for all three guns and mags etc... Been very happy with them especially if you can get a hold of any discount cards for safariland, I got mine for half price .

Archived