Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 MOS / ZEV magwell?

mike g35

I changed my mind slightly about going back to production with a G34 this year. I decided to get a 34 MOS and a RM07 RMR and run it in open instead. I've already got the gun, optic, and my trigger parts on the way but I'm wanting to get a few other small add ons to complete my rig and I need some info.

I'm going to use TTI +3 basepads on this rig. I want a magwell thats light and low profile. Has anyone used ZeV's IDPA legal magwell? It seems to fit the bill but I didn't know if the TTI pads would work with it.

Also I want a standard holster, not a race holster. Does anyone know if the bladetech black Ice will work with this pistol / optic combo? Any suggestions?

I changed my mind slightly about going back to production with a G34 this year. I decided to get a 34 MOS and a RM07 RMR and run it in open instead. I've already got the gun, optic, and my trigger parts on the way but I'm wanting to get a few other small add ons to complete my rig and I need some info.

I'm going to use TTI +3 basepads on this rig. I want a magwell thats light and low profile. Has anyone used ZeV's IDPA legal magwell? It seems to fit the bill but I didn't know if the TTI pads would work with it.

Also I want a standard holster, not a race holster. Does anyone know if the bladetech black Ice will work with this pistol / optic combo? Any suggestions?

I'm not sure it its IDPA legal or not, but the ZEV magwell that came on my ZEV works perfectly with TTI +3 base pads.

Production to open. Yeah that's a slight change.....

Why not run big stick 170mm magazines and get 29 rounds of 9mm though?

I had a zev brass heavy magwell and it worked with TTI basepads but it did push the pins out slightly but the combo did work.

How come you want a small magwell? I think If I were doing what you're planning I would go with the zev brass heavy magwell. It balances the gun nicely and helps with recoil and you will have a nice flat shooting g34.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Edited by 3djedi

I have So many questions... But to answer yours first:

I love the ZEV IDPA magwell, it works perfect with all TTI 'pads.

Bladetech holsters work just fine with MOS Glocks.

Now, what are doing here man? Like ranger said, +3 magwells in open?! Why not maximize what you can fit in a stick? And why an IDPA magwell? and a regular holster? Are you doing some mall ninja stuff here??

Also, what is your classification ? Just curious on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now, what are doing here man? Like ranger said, +3 magwells in open?! Why not maximize what you can fit in a stick? And why an IDPA magwell? and a regular holster? Are you doing some mall ninja stuff here??

B production, C open. No mall ninja here. Just looking to get one rig I can run in open with a MOS Glock 34 and production with a standard Gen 4 G34. Problem was I had the production legal and +3 pads confused. I don't want to change or buy new mags (initially) to shoot either division. But I probably will eventually go with a170 to start and 140's on the belt. But for now, it's a poor mans two division set up.

B production, C open. No mall ninja here. Just looking to get one rig I can run in open with a MOS Glock 34 and production with a standard Gen 4 G34. Problem was I had the production legal and +3 pads confused. I don't want to change or buy new mags (initially) to shoot either division. But I probably will eventually go with a170 to start and 140's on the belt. But for now, it's a poor mans two division set up.

What you could do is get a single 170 extension and then reload to the standard 17 round mags. It's not like you would ever need more than 17 rounds after the reload anyway. Just a thought. I have the Zev heavy stainless (I know that isn't the one you are looking at) and like it a lot, so I imagine their IDPA magwell is also nice. The Dawson magwells are also very low profile, you might look at them.

The Glock TTI Firepower base pads will work with the Zev IDPA slim magwell. With no modifications to the magwell, you may need to push the pin out a few millimeters or just cut a little off.

You can also cut a relief into the magwell which is what I did:

17077701236_67a3f3ff60_b.jpg

If you slam the mags in several times, there will be a mark on the part of the magwell that indicates where you need to cut a relief.

Ok, I'm caught up... I feel like you could actually do decently well in open C with an MOS Glock.

That being said... I would definitely spend the dollars on ONE 170 extension... That's all you need man! [emoji106]