Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz sp-01 shadow trigger screw adjust.. Idpa legal?

MP9

It will not be legal for any division with the overtravel and pretravel screws installed because of the full length dust cover. If you remove them then the gun should be legal for SSP and ESP division.

If it is an 85C trigger then you're good to go for ssp. You are replacing parts of another gun that is ssp legal. I take the screw out anyway, as it always seems to walk out and a finely tuned trigger you don't need the over travel stop.

He asked if he could do it legally. Legally no he has to remove it. Why would you leave it in but adjust it until it sits flush? With the short reset disconnector the screw does very little in my opinion.

Thanks for the info. very helpful. I may get the sp01 shadow custom in the near future. Now I have the standard sp-01, worked it myself and the trigger is very nice..the only thing is the reset is longer, not as short as the shadow custom..that is the only difference.

He asked if he could do it legally. Legally no he has to remove it. Why would you leave it in but adjust it until it sits flush? With the short reset disconnector the screw does very little in my opinion.

In my case .....I dont like to feel the hole therefore I leave the screw flush

Mj

Thanks for the info. very helpful. I may get the sp01 shadow custom in the near future. Now I have the standard sp-01, worked it myself and the trigger is very nice..the only thing is the reset is longer, not as short as the shadow custom..that is the only difference.

As far as comparing a fully customized Shadow to a fully customized SP01 (assuming both have some sort of Short Reset System installed) the difference where the actual reset point is fairly small. The thing I notice most is that the Shadow will break the trigger close to the reset point where the SP01 is near the end of the pull.