Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Executive Value

wwboater

I am thinking about selling my 40 cal STI Executive on another forum. I bought the gun new and have less than 2500 rounds down range with it. I changed the girp and trigger to the black, other than that it is unmodified. What do you guys feel would be a good price to ask? I am going to include 2 mags, box, and paperwork.

Thanks for the input and no the gun is not for sell on this site...I do not have the post count yet.

15747746-63F5-41CD-997B-FDAE07ACACD2_zps20829842-4BF2-4560-9B7D-08C1B6F9D70E_zps

I assume you are not in California as their import restrictions skew prices into the stratosphere. In a "free" state, I would say go to Gunsamerica and try to get a survey of prices on similar models. If that's not possible, I would say a ballpark value would be somewhere around 80 - 85% of the price the gun is currently selling for new.

New price seems to be about 2200 right now.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/957306471/STI-Executive-40-S-W-Dawson-FO-NEW-2011-Hard-Chrome-D-T.htm

Edited by bountyhunter

The reason they can ask so much and will probably sell it for so much is that Cali has the "safe handgun roster" if the guns are not on this roster (basically a way for California to extort money from manufacturers) they cannot be brought in and STI is not. The only STI's that will be available to Californians are the ones that are already here and if someone wants one they'll have to pay whatever price the seller asks to get it or they'll have to make another very limited choice. California politicians seem to know more about what is safe than actual shooters and now they say that any new guns to be added to the list will have to have micro-stamping on the firing pin which manufacturers refuse to eat the expense and tool up for such an idiotic idea. Many manufacturers are pulling out of Cali and our choices are getting less and less. We are however pretty good at finding ways around a lot of these idiotic and unconstitutional laws but I think until the politicians change the policies will continue to try to restrict or even nullify our constitutional rights as citizens.

Well I am still glad my parents moved me out of CA back in 81. I wish you all luck.

Also thanks for all of the input about price. I have listed in here in GA and hopefully it will sell in the next few days.....