Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 2011 Aluminum Grip Durability

wwboater

If they break STI replaces it under warranty so I am not concerned

That seems silly to me. Even warranty replacements are a PITA. If you know there is a potential problem.....stay away :surprise:

Not trying to be a butt, but spending $600 - $1000 for a grip for me is silly. But then again I do not shoot at your level.

Please keep the input coming. I would really like to get a couple of people that have the newer grips to respond.

Thanks

I cracked on my limited gun shooting 40 major, but that is besides the point. When you examine a quality grip like a PT or SV you can the difference in construction at the crack prone areas.

It is simply a bad design.

I have had it on for a awhile now, no issues. I know a few others with the alum on thier limited gun and no issues for them.

Awesome. Thank you... Looks like the PT alum it is... Thanks to all who have provided feedback...

Hello: Or you could just use the plastic ones that Virgil Tripp designed the 2011 around. Thanks, Eric

No thanks. The shape of a metal grip from PT or SV is far superior than any grip reduction in my opinion.

I have tiny hands. Even with a short curve trigger the polymer grip was always a tad big for me. The metal grips make it perfect.

OK, great input from all.... TY..

I have an STI Alum grip........ gonna put it on my 2211 22lr gun, Maybe it will last. God I hope it last on a 22. If I like it as much as I think I will then I will spend the extra $$ for the PT or SVI. I really like the looks of the SVIs....

Again, thanks for all of the info...

Archived