Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Preventing SP-01 thumb safety from activating accidentally

Andreas

I've had enough of accidentally activating the safety on my SP-01s when slipping up on a draw, weak-hand transfer, or some other maneuver. What are your favorite techniques for making them stiff as hell and effectively impossible to activate? Staying Production legal, of course—can't just weld them into the off position.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of ways to go. or combo of all.

thin safeties to get rid of anything that you can catch.

fit super tight. lots of trial and error.

Steve Perman detent spring. they are heavier, longer, push the detent harder into the safety.

Steve Perman detent spring. they are heavier, longer, push the detent harder into the safety.

I see the thin safeties on the CZC web site. Where can I find the heavier detent springs? My Google-fu is failing me :-(

I see the thin safeties on the CZC web site. Where can I find the heavier detent springs? My Google-fu is failing me :-(

http://dsperman.com/products/CZSpring/CZSpring.html

Another option is to run the tumbler safeties and tumbler sear cage from an SA model. You will also need a right side detent and spring.

It is a bit harder to engage.

Edited by himurax13

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like that thread says you can't do it. Oh well.

I don't see why not.

You can use the factory safeties from another pistol of the same brand that qualifies in that division.

Edited by himurax13

Is there a Video for installing the " DSPerman CZ Extra Power Thumb Safety Spring" ?

Not hard. Pull the sear cage and very carefully remove the detent. The spring is under tension and you'll never find it should it launch from the pistol.