Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb rest in practical holster?

Dewberry

Im considering putting a thumb rest on my 3 gun pistol (M&P 9mm), mostly to aid in grip position consistency, but I figure it can only help my pistol shooting.

My concern is getting it to work with my holster. Currently I'm running a Safariland ALS, I have no problems cutting it up to make it work. Or maybe switching to a different practical style holster that I can cut up.

Any one done this before?

Just looking for some brainstorming help.

Which thumb rest are you looking at? Is it like the Speed Ledge?

Honestly I'm not sure yet, I was thinking something that screws into the frame or welding a tab to the takedown lever would be much easier to work with a practical holster. But if you have experience or recondition with the speed ledge I'd love to hear them.

I got one for my daughter and while it is nice, it sticks out so much you have to hack up the holster pretty good or buy the special ones made for it. Doing a weld or attaching to the frame is not a bad idea also.

I got one for my daughter and while it is nice, it sticks out so much you have to hack up the holster pretty good or buy the special ones made for it. Doing a weld or attaching to the frame is not a bad idea also.

Yeah I might try and weld something up this weekend, just can't decide if it's really worth it for a 9mm. Don't see many 3 gun pros using one.