Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it worth it to race out a Remington R1?

DocMedic

I just picked one of these up off a SMM3G table. Its just your standard Remington R1, but I'm not the type that sells guns but am the type that will try to trick one out even if I use it for one or 2 matches a year, but i still want to keep it cost effective. I was wondering if anyone here’s has put any work on them to make them competitive. I was thinking using it for Single Stack, and my Heman 3gun pistol. Also what would be needed to get this decently race ready.

The only 2 extra parts I have at the moment are STI Thumb safety and STI beaver tail safety, I took off my STI Edge a long time ago

Edited by DocMedic

I'd run it as is for a while to see if it functions and whether you're willing to put in the time/money to get it where you want. If you do the work yourself it will be cheaper, but depending on your ability the fit and finish may be effected. Installing the grip safety from your edge will require some frame work. The thumb safety might work as a drop in, but you should do a safety check to ensure there is positive engagement. As far as other upgrades go; sights, magwell, and trigger group would be on my list for the R1. Also not sure if it come with a full length guide rod, but that is an easy fix.