Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do if you missed the group walk-through

MilkMyDuds

Hope I didn't miss shooting at a target? :roflol:

(April Fool).

Seriously, if I had a valid reason for missing the walk through and was the first shooter, I'd request to be moved down the order after giving the RO my reason for missing the walk through. If he(or she) didn't think it was a valid reason, then answer 1 would be my option.

The walk-through should be the same time for everyone but if you missed it for a bathroom run or some valid reason, I would just ask to be put somewhere lower in the shooting order. I can't see anyone trying to argue that unless it's abused (constantly talking and missing walk-throughs and stuff like that).

I can't see anyone trying to argue that unless it's abused (constantly talking and missing walk-throughs and stuff like that).

Or possibly deliberately missing the walk through because you are up first?

As long as it's legit I see no problem with moving a shooter down the list and allowing them to look it over until then.

Know the shooting order before you get to that point? Just accept it as punishment for being late for whatever reason? You mentioned IDPA and yes, there are no individual walk throughs. But, the same rule book also says that each shooter gets to see each target from each position and each point of cover.

For IDPA I would ask for that to happen. For USPSA I'm not sure. I imagine locally you'd be at the mercy to the kindness of your RO.

It seems to be a skill worth developing to break things down as fast as possible. There have been local matches where I asked to be the first shooter all day. I think that's a good learning experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I would ask nicely to be moved down, and volunteer to go first on at least the next stage maybe two to make up for it.

I don't think USPSA is supposed to start the briefing until everyone is there, but if they are sticking to a time table and you were late then they may start without you. I think there is a rule that says somehing similar too, "If a competitor is not at the appointed stage at the appropriate time they may be zeroed for that stage." I don't have the rule book in front of me though. I also think that is for when you miss your whole squad shooting slot.

• 1 month later...

Archived