Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Monthly Match April 26th

Just a reminder that our first match of the year will be April 26th (4th Sunday of the month). Typically we put on 8-9 stages with a round count somewhere north of 200 ( 216-225 on average so bring at least 300 with you). We may run 8 stages and a classifier, we may not........it all depends on the stage/match planning meeting later this month. Registration starts at 8:30 and closes at 9:30am sharp so we can get everyone into the Nooks and the program finalized. We aim to start at 10am like usual. Costs will be the same this year, $20 for members and $25 for non members so update your calendar and we look forward to seeing you all out at the range.

If you have further questions, you can always get a hold of myself, Mr. Robot here on the forum (Geoff) or W00f (Rob).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since you asked, the planning meeting for this match is taking place next Monday night......Do you have any special requests that we should take into account? I figure we should have a stage where you have to go prone, lots of weak hand shooting, and tons of static upright shooting.....................Yeah, not gonna happen.

Probably 8 stages plus a classifier in the works..............215-225 rounds or somewhere near that.....................in other words, the usual for us..........

What you described there Kemosabe is IPSC. That's the reason we migrate south for our shooting.

Well, since you asked, the planning meeting for this match is taking place next Monday night......Do you have any special requests that we should take into account? I figure we should have a stage where you have to go prone, lots of weak hand shooting, and tons of static upright shooting.....................Yeah, not gonna happen.

Probably 8 stages plus a classifier in the works..............215-225 rounds or somewhere near that.....................in other words, the usual for us..........

oh, yeah...........must have been a moment of confusion doing all the new paperwork required to take a gun out of the country to shoot an IPSC match that Papa Joe and I were filling out yesterday.......ughh, my head hurts........

To describe our match this month="We now return to our regularly scheduled Program".........That better???

Because we just want to go fast....................

Pinoy's...............aghhh, like taking candy from a baby now that we got you all hooked on USPSA.........

Happy to have all you guys attend our match. It makes our regular match's a lot like a big level III type of match's. Can hardly wait till next weekend. Safe travels my friends......

That could always be an option, however the match fee would have to raise considerably due to the prematch prepping that would have to be done. Since most of them live the vampire lifestyle (not up/awake during daylight hours), they would have to skip working the night before (Saturday night....one of the bigger nights for girls to work at certain clubs), so we would have to "make up" that lost income. Many of the girls take home $1200-2000 (cash) for a Saturday night. That comes out to another $20per shooter on average. That figure is only for one to make it out to the range....but if you guys want to start a fund up at this match for next match, I can make it happen.

So the executive IPSC committee met last night for match planning. 8 field courses and 1 classifier will be set up for this match. Round count is going to be right about 215, so bring at least 300 rounds with you. Common wisdom is to bring 400 rounds to any of our normal match's and you should be good. Registration will take place in the range bays this year and not at the clubhouse like last year. Match fee is $20 for members, $25 for non members and $26 for Canadians due to currency flux......just kidding. $25 for the Canadians too. $30 for those folks south of our border that dare to wear grey and red to the match. Green/white & maize

Registration starts at 8:30am and ends at 9:15am, so get to the range on time. Don't stroll in late-to get the electronic scoring system prepped takes time and making sure everyone is on a squad is kind of important. I watched an IDPA match last week where competitors walked in 5 minutes before the match expecting to shoot with friends and just go wherever they wanted. If we find that kind of attitude starts at our club, we'll shut the gates at a certain time and only let the folks who are inside at that point shoot that match. The staff is all volunteers...........they do all this work for work hours towards our club but they go so far over that amount it isn't funny. They do all this work because they love the sport and want to give back to the shooting community. Take a moment, shake the hands of our staff and thank them for going above and beyond in putting on a good match for you. That would go a long way with so many of the staff....everyone likes to feel appreciated. So please let them know. They are great and the match's can't go on without them.

Thank you to all you competitors that continue to come out to our club and make our match's a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again this month now that winter has finally left and spring has arrived.

Roy

Hate when the phone rings when I am typing.........Green/White and Maize/blue schools do not appreciate those from south of us wearing grey and red. There is a $5 penalty fee for those that feel the need to do so. Just saying..............

We have no room for has been's.............we don't care about never was's since there really wasn't anything to care about.........BUT......we always have room for old friends wanting to get back into the shooting game. Your not the only person who contacted me this week about getting back involved. Dave Maurice called me out of the blue on Monday morning...almost crashed my Jeep when I saw it was him calling. Is there a full moon or something out this week that I am not aware of? Next thing you know Matt Cheely will just show up again (one day he may....he is always welcome).

So Jake, get back to your dry fire routine as rumor has it that Andrew Hyder is making the trip to come to the match. GM Bart may get back involved this year as well. Put you 3 together and put the match up as a classifier score with 3 GM's in it............(no, that is not going to happen-USPSA doesn't allow that for level I match's but you get the idea....). I think that you will have a great time at our club and will be impressed with the amount of work and $$ put back into the club. If not...just lie and say yes. It makes us feel better.......

Registration starts at 8:30am and ends at 9:30........if you get there towards the end of registration, you get squadded where we have room-not where you might want. So if you want to shoot with someone, then both of you show up early. Only fair....................

Now if someone could just work on the weather for this weekend.......65'f and sunny would be my choice but I think we could survive up to 75'f and sunny if that is all you could summon from the weather gods.....Just another thought........