Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Monkey from California.

Tok36

Hello from Los Angles California

I have lurked around these forums for a while and then joined so i could see all of the pictures a few months ago. I was motivated to make a post in another thread today and decided to stop by and introduce myself. I also frequent Calguns.net and the Original CZ forums. I got into shooting a few years ago, found CZ's and have not looked back since then. I primarily target/range shoot but have started to get interested in competition recently. I am still in the research phase and was please to find a wealth of information on the subject available on these forums.

I like to tinker with CZ's. The " CZ Tuning 101 with Professor Atlas" was one of the threads that got me into it, many guns ago. I look forward to learning what i can and contributing to the forums in turn.

Thanks for having me.

~Tok

Edited by Tok36

Across the country for me, but we seem to have similar interests. I also started getting interested in handguns and a CZ was recommended to me to try. I did, and now have 9,40, &45 cz's and am looking again. I've also tuned 2 of 3 of my cz's. This website and CGW have been there when I needed help.

Thank you for the welcome all.

Nope, i have never shot Norco or any organized shooting match. I may check out "The Deadwood Boys on Wes Thompson’s Rifle Range property in Piru, California, at the old Southwest Pistol League ranges". I need to head up there to check out the range and start to get my head around things.

http://dwbactionpistol.com/welcome

Welcome from San Clemente.

There's lots of great shooting/match opportunities in Piru. Across the road from DWB is isishootists.com that has a different match every weekend I think. Steel, IDPA, actions pistol, etc. There's long range rifle stuff. The club I shoot with, California Wheelburners, is a revolver club that shoots at the bays just past the cowboy action range. Great people and club if you ever get a revolver. And they put on a rimfire steel match every month. Heck, you can even turn some laps on a motocross track or backflip into a foam pit if you can get into the freestyle compounds out there. Lots of fun happening in Holser Canyon.

Re: shooting a match vs. just shooting at a range, it's like, well, shooting baskets vs. playing in a game, or hitting a bucket of balls vs. playing a round. And my experience has been at most ranges and clubs, the people will go out of their way to welcome/help/loan stuff to get you started to shoot safely and have a great time because everyone had their first match at one time and it's good for the club and sport.

Oh, and there is Prado running gun, and Norco running gun, and Burro Canyon, and LDF at Pala, and Raahauges... One needs more weekends in a month. Enjoy.