Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jusy got a a new casefeeder.

I put about 250 cases in there and the casefeeder just stopped. Would not move no slipping at all.Once I got down to about 150 or so it worked very smoothly.

How many 9mm case should it be able to handle at once in the hopper and not jam up.

Thanks,

Jan

I have the same issue. There is no slippage, the case feeder just freezes. Until I remove enough cases to bring the weight down.

I don't know if this is a design issue, case feeder deigned to only hold so many cases because too many can cause feeding issues.

Or if it is a problem created by a motor that just doesn't have enough torque to turn the case feeder plate passed a certain load volume.

The clutch is built into the case plate, not the main part of the casefeeder. Each plate has it's own clutch. When the clutch is slipping you can still hear the motor running (ya have to get close, it's kinda quiet) but the plate doesn't turn.
Reach over the edge of the feeder with a Allen wrench and tighten the 2 Allen bolts near the center of the plate until it starts turning...

Edited by RiggerJJ

I have the same trouble and it is the case feeder body needs realignment using the allen screw in the back of the feeder. See if you can move the feeder on the support tube (as the allen screw has no permanent location on the support bracket). If the plate takes off it is the alignment- if not probably clutch. Mine is just touchy with alignment.

Jeeze you guys! RTFM! It's in the manual, the clutch is slipping...

Well, I did RTFM, I am a big proponent of understanding everything before i proceed.

I just misunderstood what the manual was saying. I interpreted it to mean the the clutch was already adjusted, and to only change if necessary.

So i get up on my step stool and loaded cases in until the feeder stopped feeding. OMG, the clutch was turning and the case feeder wasn't.

Tightened a little, now runs with several hundred cases rather than 150 or so.

SO, while RTFM is #1, it also understanding how this piece of machinery works, and what its limitations/operating parameters are.