Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hunter S. Thompson

BigDave

I heard about this last night. It made me feel sad. A brilliant wit has passed for sure.

Do you ever catch yourself thinking that your life would be better if you only had more money, fame, or success? If only people understood you better? Do not be distracted by the names in the headlines, the sad haunted souls that pop culture brands "legends". In seeking after temporal things, most have completely lost their way.

Each of us must live out our own legend. And it is to be lived out between us and the Creator alone. Be confident, God does love you. Trust that guidance will come to you as you need it and don't look for it pre-packaged in advance. This is the essence of Being. It is eternal. It begins right now.

Suicide is the last gasp effort to try and take charge of something you were never designed or equipped to manage.

You know, I was never quite sure that such a magnificent bastard could ever die. Thompson took the American people by the throat and scremed at us to take our country back in a way that pretenders like Mike Moore can merely fantasize about.

You made us think, you made us reasess our inhibitions, and you reminded us of what the American character is and should be. You tried your best to make us see.

Thanks, Doc Thompson.