Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Convert Stock II to SA only

scottlep

I am only shooting Open in USPSA this year. I am thinking about converting my Stock II to SA only for Steel Challenge and some other events I shoot. Can anyone supply a list of exactly what needs to be changed to switch the S2 to DA only?

Thanks!

Edited by scottlep

I didn't change anything else. I would recommend the EG SA trigger. I have the one that's slightly curved with checkering vs flat. I love it. You can go up to heavier hammer spring if got light strikes but what I posted was all I did plus a magwell

You definitely could do this, but I have not understood why people convert sought after guns like stock II's and III's to sa. Why don't you just sell the gun for probably more than you think, depending on the caliber, then buy a limited? Longer barrel, frame, and slide, bigger safety, and it comes with a mag well that you could remove if you wanted.

Just my 2 cents...

You definitely could do this, but I have not understood why people convert sought after guns like stock II's and III's to sa. Why don't you just sell the gun for probably more than you think, depending on the caliber, then buy a limited? Longer barrel, frame, and slide, bigger safety, and it comes with a mag well that you could remove if you wanted.

Just my 2 cents...

Wanna buy it?

I don't want to sell it in case I do want to shoot Production in the future and don't want to then overpay to buy another one. For a $125 trigger from Hennings I can use it as SA if I want, then just convert it back to DA/SA in a few minutes when I decide I want to shoot Prod.

Just my 2 cents...

Wanna buy it?

I don't want to sell it in case I do want to shoot Production in the future and don't want to then overpay to buy another one. For a $125 trigger from Hennings I can use it as SA if I want, then just convert it back to DA/SA in a few minutes when I decide I want to shoot Prod.

This is my line of thinking as well because the conversion is so simple. It takes hardly any time at all and having a gun to use for multiple divisions/applications etc is not a bad thing but just MHO