Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First GSSF Match

b1gcountry

I shot my first gssf match this weekend, and it was pretty interesting. It had a much different format than a uspsa match.

The best part for me was the on site glock armorer. I brought my g23 and g27 to him, and he replaced most of the internals with new parts. Under warranty. For 20yo guns. Plus he took the time doing it to explain what he was looking for

Edited by b1gcountry

It was just interesting how they ran the match. No squads, show up whenever you want, go as fast or slow as you want.

It was also challenging keeping your game straight with shooting 3 different guns. I had different sights on all three.

The world shooting complex was also neat. 1600 acres. 3 mile long firing line. Huge.

The stages are accuracy based, but time scored. They are also the same 3 stages, so you have the ability to track your shooting match to match.

Edited by b1gcountry

They are also the same 3 stages, so you have the ability to track your shooting match to match.

I have shot two GSSF matches. I was surprised and thrown off my game a little at the second one when they had a different layout for 5 to Glock. Not sure how often they use an alternate layout.

I like them though and they have a nice payout. First match I won back my entry fees and the second one I won back twice my entry.

Those are very respectable scores for a first-time GSSF shooter. GSSF matches have lots of random awards too...so it's kind of like a lottery where you also get to shoot :)

They usually get the preliminary results posted online days after the match and wait about a month for any corrections to be sent in. When the final results are posted, prize winners (both performance based and randoms) will be indicated...so only then will you know for sure if you won anything.