Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buy Well Used Tactical Sport 40sw?

IrishPsych

I'm looking to get a limited and limited 10 40sw gun.

I can purchase a well used Tactical Sport 40sw with only 1 mag and magwell. The barrel has been replaced once. Fits good. I'd likely change the safety to the longer one to fit my smaller hands.

Debating if for $800 it's a good deal. I'd have to spend another $225 for 5 mags at least too.

If the 3000 rounds fired you posted in the other thread is accurate, I would not consider the pistol "well used". Geez, I put that many through mine in the first five months.

$800 is IMO a good price for a TS in good condition. By good condition I mean everything works properly, slide-to frame fit is still good and there is not excessive wear on the internal components.

I'm guessing you want to shoot in two or more states, at least one of which has a 10-round mag limit. Personally, I wouldn't bother. I'd shoot L10 with another pistol.

In Limited, you will be handicapping yourself with 17-round mags. So, you'll need to buy the extended base pads and (optionally) replacement followers and springs. That will get you to 20 or 21 reloadable. I was told I simply had to have four 20-round mags for Limited, so that is what I bought. I don't understand the original rational, other than to save reloading time or to have spares. I wear three on my belt. I used to carry the fourth in my hip pocket. In USPSA "legal" stages there is a 32 shot max. I've never needed the third mag, but it is there just in case I fumble a reload. I have used the third mag in USPSA "style" events with 40-42 shots in a stage.

If you like the TS, ask to shoot it. If it works well, $800 is a good deal. Even if parts wear out in the future, they are inexpensive. Even the upgraded "race" parts are reasonable.

Actually guys, I misread the initial post on another thread. That will teach me to use my computer glasses instead of regular glasses for reading.

The initial post actually read 3000k+. I missed the "k". If that is not a typo and there really were 3,000,000+ rounds fired, I don't think I'd want the gun at all, new barrel or not.

Meant 3k rounds. Total guess. Many internal parts replaced. I'm sure it shoots great, just wondering what the deal on CZ' ts's is and if that was a high round count.

Not sure what other limited 10/limited 40 to get in Cali.