Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armalite tunable muzzle brake?

tk4

I just ordered the M-153gn18 which comes with the brake installed. Finally got to get out and shoot it today. The brake has what they refer to as "plugs" which have a flat head slot and a small dimple which would act as a pilot hole for when you drill it out. As far as tuning jets. No you tune it buy using docent sized drill bits. But they do offer replacement "plugs" if you open one up to far

I'm not sure I follow the purpose. You are supposed to remove plugs and drill out the holes?

Drill out the center of the plugs with them installed in the threaded holes. That way if you go too far, remove the sacrificial plug, install a new one, and start over.

Please let us know what you think of the comp crazygiant. I am thinking of trying one on a 13.7" barrel. My concern is that it will be one of the more concussive comps like a rolling thunder or titan.

Edited by tk4

I'll be taking it out this weekend. I'll get video and post a YouTube link here when I get it uploaded. Is there any why you have in mind on how you would like to see it tested?

Edited by crazygiant

I shot the Armalite 3 Gun at Missouri 3 Gun Championship. It was awesome! I couldn't have asked for much more out of it. The brake is easy to tune along with the gas block. I drilled the top and right screws with a 7/32 bit.

I'll be taking it out this weekend. I'll get video and post a YouTube link here when I get it uploaded. Is there any why you have in mind on how you would like to see it tested?

I would like to know how bad the concussion is? If it is not much of any worse than my PRI QCB or my PWS FSC I will jump on one.

Since I plan on running it on a 13.7" barrel I figure I should shy away if it is one of the extremely loud ones, but I really like the idea of the 2 tunable ports.

I would like to know how bad the concussion is? If it is not much of any worse than my PRI QCB or my PWS FSC I will jump on one.

Since I plan on running it on a 13.7" barrel I figure I should shy away if it is one of the extremely loud ones, but I really like the idea of the 2 tunable ports.

Being that this is my first muzzle break I don't have anything to compare it to, but with that being said I took it out shooting at an indoor range. When I was at the end bay with a wall on my right hand side I could feel the concussive force bouncing back of the wall but nothing bad just enough to be noticeable. Then I shoot in the center bay and had no problems although the other shooters beside me said they could feel the blast. All in all I say it's worth it! Edited by crazygiant

I have tried all the comps mentioned and it is not more concussive than the PWS or PRI. About the same as the PWS I would say. Definitely less than a Titan. That thing makes my teeth chatter.

Tommy and crew have done an excellent job with the new 3 gun models and gear!!!

Jacob