Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help - Czechmate sights

Czman

All, eager to use my Czechmate for Limited 10 (nanny state syndrome), and need some help with sights. I have gone thru other posts, looking for some updated info / tips:

1. Adjustable rear - the original LPA seems impossible to find in the US right now, so I ordered the Kensight LPA TRT for 1911's. Any guidance on the Kensight?

2. No options apparent for fiber front. I have a gunsmith near by, and I have fiber fronts for P09 and TS. Can either of them be modified to fit the Czechmate front plug? Or does it require milling of the slide itself? The black iron sight is decent but I am used to fiber fronts for all my range toys. Helps given my somewhat aging eyesight.

Thanks much for your help in advance!

the front sight for a p09 is a drop in fit for the czechmate.

I used the .205 height for mine.8SV98iS.jpg

Wow, stunning gun! Was the FO direct from Dawson? I see CZCustom offering these as well but the sizes are indicated as 6.5 mm, 7.0 mm etc - which are greater than 0.205 inch. I know there is a difference in measurement (from bottom vs slide) - which one might be right?

Thanks again for your help and a great visual treat of your Czechmate!

thinking back to install, it wasn't a direct drop in fit. the very bottom of the sight, facing the shooter, was a tad long. It would just barely kiss the slide when closed. 30 seconds with a file and Sharpie cleared it all up though.

Good info there Jon49!

Has any tried to fit a Dawson LPA Fiber sight to the rear? Would the .185 still be needed or would it need to be higher? Not trying to steal your thread Czman but since we are talking about sights... :)

thinking back to install, it wasn't a direct drop in fit. the very bottom of the sight, facing the shooter, was a tad long. It would just barely kiss the slide when closed. 30 seconds with a file and Sharpie cleared it all up though.

Thanks a bunch! One last question - the thumb safety looks awesome - where did you get it?

sounds about right.

Jon49erfan, thanks again for your help. I played with various sight combinations today and confirmed that the fixed stock rear with Dawson 0.205 is the best! I will post a pic of my Czechmate twins - one open and one limited.

I ordered a DAA thumb rest for the limited version, sounds pretty cool.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Question: Does the front sight maintain its zero? I ask because in my Czechmate, when the nut containing the front sight is screwed completely tight, the edges of the nut do not match the edges of the slide, meaning that the rear sight also has to be offset slightly to zero the gun. If I align the edges of the nut to the slide (which can be done with the guide rod in place), the nut is no longer tightly screwed to the barrel.

Another thing. I ordered the 7.5 mm P09 fiber optic front sight from CZ. Its this the correct sight, because it is much lower than the front sight that comes with the Czechmate (by about 0.05")?

9 hours ago, PRanta said:

I thought that with +1 base pad and stock rear sight a TS or CM will not fit into the IPSC box. Did you shorten the rear sight?

Yes, I took 3 mm off it and used a 5.5 mm P09 front sight (with 1 mm fiber optic). As every micron counts when inserting a big Standard gun into the box, I reduced the front sight slightly too, and pushed back the spring touching the basepad to the rear of the mag tube so that the basepad can wiggle slightly.

Edited by Lior