Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PMAG test?

smokeandmirrors

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tested the Magpul magazines yet? Magpul says they expect to ship to dealers in a little more than a month and all I've seen are short clips from SHOT.

They are far superior then OEM magazines. I have put about 5,000 rounds through them with not one issue. The plastic is a bit harder and allows the mags to release better. I have used them at work in a tactical realm and in competition and love them. The only issue that I have with at this point is there are no competition add-on parts yet. If i had to nit pick I don't like the round loaded window on it, but its not like I pull my mags out in a gun fight to count either.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought 2 PMAG and used them for a local USPSA match. They worked, locked the slides back, dropped free. No issues at all. I did drill some holes at the 10 and 11 round mark to see if there was 10 loaded since I was shooting production.

Has anyone tested the Magpul magazines yet? Magpul says they expect to ship to dealers in a little more than a month and all I've seen are short clips from SHOT.

They are far superior then OEM magazines. I have put about 5,000 rounds through them with not one issue. The plastic is a bit harder and allows the mags to release better. I have used them at work in a tactical realm and in competition and love them. The only issue that I have with at this point is there are no competition add-on parts yet. If i had to nit pick I don't like the round loaded window on it, but its not like I pull my mags out in a gun fight to count either.
Zevtech just came out with a +6 magazine extension. It's about the same price as a tti one but made for the magpul mags

Edit: I see you posted in the thread. Nvm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by fireman1776

It's a pmag. If I get time later I will take a picture of the bottom of it.

That is not a PMAG, that is a pro mag. Often confused with PW(Korean) They are made in the US but as with PW mags, they suck. They are prone to break as you found out and cause all sorts of malfunctions, that normally get blamed on the gun.

Edited by Rangerdug

From the stand point why is the Magpul better then OEM? When glock introduced the glock in the 8o's the plastic they had to work with and manufacture processes, you needed the metal reinforcement. Any one that has shot glocks a lot knows that the magazines are prone to wear. If you get sand in them or on them, creates a mess. They ultimately will stick and bind. Good luck maintaining them. Getting the base plate off is nightmare. The Magpul PMAG are a harder plastic and fiberglass, hence why they don't have the metal reinforcement. They also went about creating a magazine that you could maintain. From what I was told by Magpul, they are only going to make them in black, because when they add dyes to the plastic it weakens the plastic (Any one who has deployed and used the tan 5.56 PMAG magazines know this and the cracks in the feed lips). Like I said I have easily put 5,000 rds through them with no issues. 4 of them were identified as needing a fix(Magpul sent me 4 new bodies), I wanted to see if I they would fail. To this point not one has even had a hiccup. The price is a good reason to give them a shot, IMO you won't be disappointed.