Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PMAG test?

smokeandmirrors

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No steel insert to me is the selling point. Steel bends out of tolerance. With solid polymer it's either good or busted. No gray area really.

never had a problem with the stock Glock mags with steel inserts...

It's rare, but it happens. I had one or two G19 FML mags where the liner (which joins at the rear) started separating from the polymer body. The result was that rounds could be fed in, but they'd hang up on the liner and not feed out. I sent them to Glock, and got new ones in exchange.

I bought one G17 PMAG several weeks ago just to test. No problems so far...but I'm not a fan of their lack of witness holes and the floor plate has a disconcerting amount of fore/aft play in it. I have enough original mags for all my Glocks, that unless/until they start making G42 and G43 mags, I really have no need for aftermarket Glock mags. I'd still love to see them make M1 carbine mags. Again, I have plenty, but they're a mix of ~70 year old USGI and more recent Asian manufacture of unknown quality. I'm not holding my breath though...I suspect the M1 carbine is a pretty small market with no chance of .gov/.mil contracts.

So the one plus with these is if your gun is close to the weight limit you could run these mags because they are substantially lighter. I don't know if that's been mentioned. I was worried about them dropping free but so far I haven't had issues with mine.

I have 2 recent ones that are 100%. Buying more.

If you can't see the utility in a 16$ glock mag with a ez of base plate, idk bro. I like to show up to the range and not have to spend time loading magazines. Half price magazines make that way easier.

Also products and versions of products have bugs to work out. Thats why I waited on the Gen4 guns and I waited on these mags.

First off Gunther I am definitely gonna buy some of those! RE: pmags I bought 5 for $60 two months ago and have used them in production matches with no issues. The witness holes (lack of) are a pain in the ass as I've had to kick roundabout a couple of times to make sure I only had 10 rounds in the mags. Still work good for cheap