Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PMAG test?

smokeandmirrors

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't quite understand the problem magpul is trying to solve. Glock mags are cheap, reliable and easy to obtain. I realize they added couple cool features but for another $5-10 I'll buy the OEM mags. Cheap HK mags would be interesting.

Idk. 40% cheaper than a Glock mag. And Magpul generally makes pretty good stuff. I'll give them a shot. But I was discouraged by the fact they pushed back the release date.

Edited by Swanny10

I don't quite understand the problem magpul is trying to solve. Glock mags are cheap, reliable and easy to obtain. I realize they added couple cool features but for another $5-10 I'll buy the OEM mags. Cheap HK mags would be interesting.

Do you know of a place where I can buy Glock mags for $20 no tax and no shipping? I'd be all about that.

Do you know of a place where I can buy Glock mags for $20 no tax and no shipping? I'd be all about that.

This.

Two for one? Are you all really paying $30+ for Glock mags? I got most of mine for $20 shipped, maybe some where $21-22 shipped. I also don't see what all the excitement is about...now if they were to make 140mm mags for around the same price THAT would have my attention!

I'm mostly interested in having a bunch in the bag for Production. I'd be interested in having a few 140mm magazines for limited minor at local USPSA and steel matches, if they decide to make them.

Edited by smokeandmirrors

Check Botach. They do 5 for $100 free shipping and no tax every so often.

I routinely find leo surplus g22 magazines for less than $15.

I like that mag pul is making the mags, and i will definitely try them out. I am more excited about the fact that they might be really getting into the game, and they could certainly up the ante with extended capacities, etc if things go well with the initial release.

The thing about magpul is they don't seem to do things half way. If these glock17 mags are a success, there's a good chance they will take the success over to other platforms.

Check Botach. They do 5 for $100 free shipping and no tax every so often.

Tried to put 5 magazines in my cart and got this..."We don't have enough Glock Pistol Magazines stock on hand for the quantity you selected. Please try again." Which is a moot point because the price before shipping/tax would of been $112.50.

Check later. They do it from time to time. And they don't charge shipping or tax. And 12.50 difference isn't much difference.

Depends on your perspective. $12.50 is only a bottle of pop away from whole nother magpul mag. Now if the magpul mags turn out to be crap than its a moot point. But that would surprise me very much.

I would definitely try them.

Right now I have 15 OEM glock mags, three that are old "LEO" that I use from dry fire. I just bought new springs for all the mags, because I actually had a jam at the last match. So I am invested in keeping them in use for a while to come. I don't have a single complaint about OEM glock mags. I round the tabs a little so they are easy to dissemble with a writing pen for cleaning. They never jam (there was that one jam on a 8 year old mag, but it might have not been the mag), always drop, and aren't expensive. I had a Glock blow up, and when Glock offered to give me a new mag, I told them the old one still works fine.

I like uniformity, so why change?

But, why not throw a few bucks at giving a couple a try? I like the idea of supporting that company.