Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550b primer loading help

I just picked up a used 550 b. When I try to load the primers they just all the way through the magazine tube and end up lying on the primer bar or falling on the floor. I am using small pistol primers and the tip on the magazine is blue and appears to be for small primers. I do have another primer bar, but this was set up to load .40 so I'm guessing the small bar is in the press.

Any help is much appreciated

14024 is small and it is blue. Sounds like the tube is not locked in place or is damaged. Take the knob off the top and twist the tube and see if it locks in and drops further down.

I may have found the culprit. There is supposed to be a primer stop under the little metal flap on the front of the primer system. It is missing. I am assuming that it puts some sort of tension on the primer magazine to prevent the primers from falling all of the way through. I will call dillon today to see about getting a replacement.

I may have found the culprit. There is supposed to be a primer stop under the little metal flap on the front of the primer system. It is missing. I am assuming that it puts some sort of tension on the primer magazine to prevent the primers from falling all of the way through. I will call dillon today to see about getting a replacement.

close but not quite, it actually sits under the plastic tip, the cup on the primer bar pushes it back out of the way when it slides back to pick up the primer, the flap is the return spring.

Fred