Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot max spy mode settings

nipplehead

Hey guys just got the Shotmaxx and have only used it for dry fire practice, but I'm going to shot a match this weekend . Wondering what settings work for spy mode, I'm shooting a very loud open gun if that matters at all. Thanks

Gng4life thanks I figured out how to activate the Spy Mode, what I'm looking for are the settings that make it work properly. Such as what sensitivity setting...to use ..shooting outdoors with open gun..and /or any other variable shooters have run across using the Shotmaxx in spy mode...Thanks

The spy mode start is activated by sudden movement of the arm where the timer is worn. It wont read exactly the same time as the timer used by an RO in your runs. But it should be close by less than a second. The difference in readings depends a lot in the delay you input for the spy w/c represents your reaction time to the timer beep. I find it very useful in knowing my split times and transition times between targets and shooting positions. My Shotmaxx is quite sensitive so I dont mess much with its sensitivity setting. Thru several stage runs with it You should be able to figure out your realistic delay for the spy to make it very close to the stage timer.

The spy mode start is activated by sudden movement of the arm where the timer is worn. It wont read exactly the same time as the timer used by an RO in your runs. But it should be close by less than a second. The difference in readings depends a lot in the delay you input for the spy w/c represents your reaction time to the timer beep. I find it very useful in knowing my split times and transition times between targets and shooting positions. My Shotmaxx is quite sensitive so I dont mess much with its sensitivity setting. Thru several stage runs with it You should be able to figure out your realistic delay for the spy to make it very close to the stage timer.

This is pretty accurate. The reading on your SM when using Spy Mode is very close to the RO's time, a matter of a few hundreds of a second if your reaction time is set property on the device. Try starting at 0.20sec and work your way from there.

Sensitivity wise, there is nothing to mess around with if you are the shooter using the SM. Since the SM is on your wrist, use sensitivity Min when shooting 9mm and up.

Thanks,

Eli.

Archived