Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LiveShots in 2015

BritinUSA

• 2 weeks later...

So in my never-ending quest to find ways to ensure that my site works with Android devices I plunked down a whopping $49 dollars for the cheapest Android tablet that I could find, namely the Digiland D701Q; It is hideous…

41FOutl2XEL._SY450_.jpg

The device comes pre-installed with a large number of Apps, including MX Player (version 1.7.21).

I tried using the Chrome browser to access my website but it kept crashing out with the helpful error message 'Aw, Snap!'.

This problem has occurred for others leading Google to suggest the following potential 'fixes';

Check Anti-virus and firewall.

Check your extensions and user scripts
Check for malware.
Create a new user profile.
After getting the 'Aw, Snap!' for other sites I decided to try downloading Firefox instead, and that browser can view LiveShots.net perfectly.
When a video is selected, a dialog box pops up asking what to do with it and gives the option to select MX Player and after clicking 'Always' (which will set a default action for .mov files) it proceeds to play the video.
The tablet runs Android 4.2 (I think).
So if anyone is having problems with LiveShots please try MX Player 1.7.21 or higher and FireFox and see if that resolves the problems. All Apps were downloaded from the Google Play store.

• 3 weeks later...

So in my never-ending quest to find ways to ensure that my site works with Android devices I plunked down a whopping $49 dollars for the cheapest Android tablet that I could find, namely the Digiland D701Q; It is hideous…

So if anyone is having problems with LiveShots please try MX Player 1.7.21 or higher and FireFox and see if that resolves the problems. All Apps were downloaded from the Google Play store.

Thank you... I appreciate your efforts to make your videos viewable by Android users... and of course your efforts to attend and video the events...

• 2 weeks later...

After a long 12.5 hour drive I got to the PASA range just after a torrential downpour, a few stragglers were finishing up their shooting but most of the people there were registering for the match tomorrow. The weather forecast does not look too good with rain scheduled for much of the day, I'll try to get some coverage but if the rain gets too bad I may have to stop as the equipment does not react well with H2O.

There's a solid 4G network at the range so the videos should upload ok, if you're shooting the match this weekend you can get a sneak peek of what's in store when you get here.

Bring rain gear...

• 3 months later...

Just a reminder, as mentioned on another thread (see below) I won't be at the Nationals in Florida this year so there will be no LiveShots coverage of either the IPSC or USPSA Nationals.

I don't expect to be at the Limited/Open Nationals, the cost of travel/hotel for Florida is too high (cost me $2K to cover the World Shoot last year)