Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casefeeder Dillon problems for 223

glockdude1

I have a Dillon 550B that has a casefeeder and I love it for pistol reloads..

I called Dillon and asked about what I needed for converting the casefeeder to 223..the guy at Dillon told me that I needed the rifle plate to go into the casefeeder, and the 223 adaptor at the bottom of the tube (it is for a 650 Dillon and it is black) and the 380 feed ramp...he said that this would work on a 550B

I got it all set up and turned the casefeeder on and the casings don't stay vertical to feed into the baseplate when I pull the handle...they come falling out of the black 223 adaptor piece and start piling up on top of each other....so right now, I cannot use the casefeeder at all...

Any suggestions?

I have a Dillon 550B that has a casefeeder and I love it for pistol reloads..

I called Dillon and asked about what I needed for converting the casefeeder to 223..the guy at Dillon told me that I needed the rifle plate to go into the casefeeder, and the 223 adaptor at the bottom of the tube (it is for a 650 Dillon and it is black) and the 380 feed ramp...he said that this would work on a 550B

I got it all set up and turned the casefeeder on and the casings don't stay vertical to feed into the baseplate when I pull the handle...they come falling out of the black 223 adaptor piece and start piling up on top of each other....so right now, I cannot use the casefeeder at all...

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure but I don't think the 380 ramp is the correct one. Can you take it out and see if a 223 case slides easily but without too much play left to right? If I remember correctly I am using a 32 HR ramp, it is "D" ramp. Also the 32 ramp needs to be filled down a bit to make it work smoothly. I am using a white adapter for 223, the black one is for 30-06. There are several posts on this subject with all the info you need to run 223 on the 550 with a case feeder. I think if you search 550 casefeeder 223 you will see them.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having success withe 9mm feed ramp and the green plastic 9mm adapter. Made a slight cut to accept the taller case with a dremmel. Haven't look back since. Thousands of rounds.........

Edited by Outlaw714