Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STS2/RTS2 updates anyone

Majja

I do not see much info about the STS2 just the RTS 2. Is it because it is smaller? I am trying to make the hard decision if I want the spend the extra $$ on an STS or RTS, I just knwo I want to get the weight of my halo sight off the gun.

I do not see much info about the STS2 just the RTS 2. Is it because it is smaller? I am trying to make the hard decision if I want the spend the extra $$ on an STS or RTS, I just knwo I want to get the weight of my halo sight off the gun.

RTS2 is the latest and (gulp)greatest thing from CMore. I would stick to the regular slide ride until this thing has a few GOOD years under it's belt.

I'm close to 3000 rounds in about three months with the RTS2 with no problems. My scope mount has come loose a couple of times. I finally got the screws locktite'd in real good. I bought from Shooters Connection in January and probably got a newer version. Did not have to do anything with the battery compartment as others have had resort to.

Running RTS2 on two open guns. As reported had one hickup in the fall and there were both sent back. No problems since and I am quite happy with them. The current generation seems ready to go in my opinion.

Edited by blueeyedme

• 2 weeks later...

The May issue of Guns & Ammo has a couple of articles on the evolution of small optic sights. Patrick Sweeney talked about the battle to keep up with the latest and greatest, when he was shooting open division (late '80's ~ early '90's.)

Chris Mudgett discussed the manufacturers, and sights, available today . . . Aimpoint, Burris, EOTech, Leupold, Trijicon. What I found interesting, but not surprising, was no mention of C-more's small red dots.

Sad to report that my wife's RTS2 failed us at A6 over the weekend. Dot came and went on it's own. So they are both going back to C-More for the 2nd time. I want to love this sight.....but if either fails again we are done with them. I have to take back my earlier recommendation and advise anyone considering the RTS2 to maybe sit on the sidelines until they get it all worked out....if ever.

Edited by blueeyedme

• 1 month later...

Had an RTS2 on titanium SV mount on my SV IMM Open. What I have learned is that there are some combinations of guns, powder, and mounts that either combined or individually make the battery lose contact which will shut your optic off. They have tried several diode/circuit board upgrades and are currently looking into a capacitor option to keep dot on if battery bounces. I decided on this to for a lower mount and a pretty sharp look; however, I did have issues in two separate matches. A slideride will be on my gun tommorrow. They just work. When the RTS2 gets worked out maybe I will go back. Can't beat the fact that the slideride is pretty much bullet-proof. C-More has great customer service and stands behind their products. I would have to agree iwth blueeyedme in the previous post at this time as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally gave up on the RTS2 and went back to the slide ride. I will have to say, cmore's customer service was very good and they stand behind their products.

I have approx 2,000 rounds thru my RTS (one of the earlier versions) and zero problems so far !!!???

Previously I used ,and still have in reserve, an STS for a couple of years with zero problems.

RE #21 post.

I have 2 different length screws/bolts for my RTS and STS.

Both are #8-32 and the lengths are 3/8" and 7/16"

Hope that is of some help ?