Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any competitive shooting in the Portland area?

spitboy

Cascade sectional for USPSA. Easiest to get to from Portland is probably Dundee. My absolute favorite match. There is also a Practical Pistol match at Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood. TCGC has a local rule that forbids muzzles above the berm so they can't hold official USPSA matches. It's a fun match, but can't hold classifiers.

There is 3 gun at TCGC, Douglass Ridge (Eagle Creek) and Albany. Steel Challenge at all 3 also.

TCGC has official IDPA matches, several Cowboy action matches, Practical rifle, and the "Tactical" match. The Tactical match is a 3 gun match using pistol caliber carbine, IDPA like cover and pistols from concealment.

You can shoot something almost every day of every weekend within and hour of Portland.

Cascade sectional for USPSA. Easiest to get to from Portland is probably Dundee. My absolute favorite match. There is also a Practical Pistol match at Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood. TCGC has a local rule that forbids muzzles above the berm so they can't hold official USPSA matches. It's a fun match, but can't hold classifiers.

There is 3 gun at TCGC, Douglass Ridge (Eagle Creek) and Albany. Steel Challenge at all 3 also.

TCGC has official IDPA matches, several Cowboy action matches, Practical rifle, and the "Tactical" match. The Tactical match is a 3 gun match using pistol caliber carbine, IDPA like cover and pistols from concealment.

You can shoot something almost every day of every weekend within and hour of Portland.

I wondered why Tri-County didn't have something. Thanks for the education. And Hello from the Couve!...I see your in PDX Smitty....sure was a nice day yesterday!!!

Albany isn't that far, about 90 minutes from my place in Vancouver. They also put on a very good match and it is well worth the drive. Like others have said Dundee is a great match as well. Douglas ridge is a little limited by their bay set-up but it is the closest USPSA match for anyone coming from Vancouver. Try them all!

but were you wearing rag wool socks with your birks?

That and shorts and a hoodie...welcome to Portland ...lol

I grew up in OR (klamath falls) and WA (kennewick and walla walla) so I think I know exactly what you're talking about....

Dundee is a great range.

Shot the columbia cascade sectional there last year.

In fact anyone know where/ when it is happening this year?

Not on the section website.

The Columbia cascade sectional is going to be at Dundee again this year and it is going to be August 22. I just need to get a few items ironed out and will be posting entry info very soon.