Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help- Replace 650 Ring Indexer

I don't know how but the ring indexer cracked and broke. Where can I find instruction how to replace it? I have the spare parts bag and have the necessary parts. I need help on the installation. Feel free to chime in. Thanks.

I have done one, without calling in to Dillon. Don't remember everything, but I do know you will need to remove the entire platform. And be careful with that long return spring, seems like I remember that was the hardest part. And you need to re-align the platform when finished. If you are a good mechanic And take pictures before starting you should be gtg. And you can always call Dillon for some pointers before you start or if you get stuck.

Good luck!

jj

Taking pics as you go is a good idea. It's challenging but not really all that hard to change. Tear the machine apart including the platform. And I agree, the spring is the biggest PITA to the whole job.

Thanks to all of you that replied with your help. So I took everything apart and replaced the ring indexer. WHAT A PITA!!! BTW, after I figured out from where to where and how the spring was supposed to go, I hooked the end that goes on the ring indexer and then I threaded the other end with a toothpick and stretched along the cam until I was able to hook it to the other post. Thanks again.

If the spring you are talking about is the index return spring... a little tip. Take the primer seating anvil assembly off first using a 5/8 inch wrench, at that point you have plenty of room to work with. Attach the spring to the post on the index ring first then stretch and hook to the post on the opposite side. Reinstall the primer seating anvil assembly and your back in business. I broke my second spring in 6 years last week and it took me literally 5 minutes to change.