Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what is it?

greg9x21

I think it is a frangible as well. When you could find them they are expensive and if you are looking into them with the hopes of louder impacts you might be looking at the wrong bullet design. I actually think they are the same or quieter than a normal bullet as they are designed to break up upon impact.

Oh now I get what you are saying. Ill shut up and butt out as I have no experience with reloading with open guns. But If you are looking for a lighter bullet with more bearing surface have you looked into hollow points of maybe hollow base bullets to accomplish the same thing?

Its usually not a good idea to shoot frangible rounds through a gun with a comp. The bullet composition is also harder then a normal jacket so you can expect a little more barrel wear. Also keep in mind these bullets are intended for 9mm velocity, not major factor. Worst case is you take your comp off your gun, that's about it. Best case is you have expensive fast ammo with a huge bearing surface that eats powder room.

Archived