Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VV N320 Smokeless power

DRider8

Is there any area of the country other than overseas that has VV N320 power available. Is there any area of the US where it can still be found on a regular or half way regular basis.

It has come available in the US a few times over the past year since the company was purchased. It sells out extremely fast though so it is unlikely you'll find it on the shelves of an LGS even if they were allotted some.

Where are you located?

There's a local supplier I see at gun shows here in California who has N320 (one pounders, 4 pounders for other Viht powders). VERY expensive though ($38/#). Lemme see if I have his email at home and you can ask if he ships.

Is there any area of the country other than overseas that has VV N320 power available. Is there any area of the US where it can still be found on a regular or half way regular basis.

It has come available in the US a few times over the past year since the company was purchased. It sells out extremely fast though so it is unlikely you'll find it on the shelves of an LGS even if they were allotted some.

Where are you located?

I'm located in Indiana at this time

There's a local supplier I see at gun shows here in California who has N320 (one pounders, 4 pounders for other Viht powders). VERY expensive though ($38/#). Lemme see if I have his email at home and you can ask if he ships.

Thanks.

Powder Valley gets it in on a frequent basis. You can follow their facebook or a couple forums powder threads. Has always worked for me. When it comes in, act quickly and buy in bulk

This. I got Powder Valley's Facebook update a week and a half ago that Vihtavuori just arrived. I moved fast and within 3 minutes, scored four 4 lb jugs of N320. Felt like I hit the lotto. I was also able to get some N340 and N350 from them a couple months prior as well.

Check their site and Facebook page daily, you never know when you might get lucky.

That would be Doug Fetterly from Fetterly Powder and Optics. Best way to find him is to go to CalGuns.net and search by his last name.

This is his current VV inventory..... Oh, and he ships.

$ Quan

Viht n310............1lb..........$34.89.........33

Viht n310............4lb..........$123.00........4

Viht n320............1lb..........$34.89..........12

Viht n320............4lb.........$123.00.........4

Viht.n340............1lb..........$34.89.......... 29

Viht n340............4lb..........$123.00........2

Viht 3n37............1lb..........$34.89..........39

Viht 3n37............4lb..........$123.00........2

Viht n135............1lb..........$34.89..........2

Viht n140............1lb...........$34.89.........0

I just left 16 lbs of it on a shell at the LGS today because I still have 37 lbs on my shelf at home. That 16 lbs was just counting the 4lbers. They had plenty of 1 lbers there as well.

Now where's my finders fee?

I've ordered and received more than once this year, sometimes via winning the Powder Valley lottery (getting there at the right time ...), also by regularly checking all the major folks, also if/when any offer ability to backorder, to take advantage of that. Get on the alerts for stock, watch the threads for 'in stock powder, get some friends to hunt with you. (Powder Valley, Grafs, 3rd Generation Shooting Supply, MidSouth Shooters Supply, Midway USA, Brownells, etc.)

If you consistently put the work in, over time you'll get some. If you don't have the time to do that, use the info above to Fetterly, he'll ship, just view his premium on items and shipping as $$ in exchange for the time you didn't have to put in hunting for it, and being able to get NOW :-)

Edited by trgt

I've ordered and received more than once this year, sometimes via winning the Powder Valley lottery (getting there at the right time ...), also by regularly checking all the major folks, also if/when any offer ability to backorder, to take advantage of that. Get on the alerts for stock, watch the threads for 'in stock powder, get some friends to hunt with you. (Powder Valley, Grafs, 3rd Generation Shooting Supply, MidSouth Shooters Supply, Midway USA, Brownells, etc.)

If you consistently put the work in, over time you'll get some. If you don't have the time to do that, use the info above to Fetterly, he'll ship, just view his premium on items and shipping as $$ in exchange for the time you didn't have to put in hunting for it, and being able to get NOW :-)

do you think it will be less available since VV was sold to another company? Company sale can sometimes result in supply issues...?

do you think it will be less available since VV was sold to another company? Company sale can sometimes result in supply issues...?

I believe it's just distributed by Hodgdon now, not sure that VV was sold....

I had orders from two different retailers May 2014, which was what, 5 months after they were bought by Nammo (parent of Lapua)? Then two different orders after that last year and this. So I had better luck 2014+ than I did in 2013 before they were sold, if I've got the timeline correct.

Edited by trgt

I had orders from two different retailers May 2014, which was what, 5 months after they were bought by Nammo (parent of Lapua)? Then two different orders after that last year and this. So I had better luck 2014+ than I did in 2013 before they were sold, if I've got the timeline correct.

great...it sounds easier to get import powder than domestic...is it because domestic is getting loaded into cartridges and sold en mass and not sold as reloading powder? missing some win 231 about now

Vihtavuori was bought last year from Eurenco by the Nammo Group (Lapua's parent company). Supply was heavily disrupted for a while, things are getting better with VV supply since the sale, not worse.

Edited by RDA

Vihtavuori was bought last year from Eurenco by the Nammo Group (Lapua's parent company). Supply was heavily disrupted for a while, things are getting better with VV supply since the sale, not worse.

I stand corrected.