Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sps vista star

Open1215

Has anyone seen this in person??? Perhaps at shot show? I know everyone is looking to the new sti DVC gun but this looks pretty rad if its a quality piece. Reminds me of limcat. Am I missing some link here?

Any clue a msrp in America or an ETA of availability?

post-55050-0-71127700-1427243173_thumb.j

Very Limcat flavored isn't it. I've seen the odd sps 2011 but where I am (australia) the price on them is so close to their sti equivalent so most people would prefer the proven sti product. This model looks interesting though.

Well 2700€ (I think that's the euro symbol) doesn't look too bad. If it's a tighter fitting gun and is widely available in the us I can see this being a popular choice! Figure 3k and you get a limcat knock off. Not bad.

• 2 weeks later...

As strong as the dollar is against the Euro right now (and likely to get stronger the way things are going in Greece), importing from Europe is looking like a great deal, if you can get through the red tape.

Hmm that's true. I wonder if it's drilled for it or not. Idk I still want one if it doesn't rattle like a can of spray paint! Just may be a pain in the ass to get one state side. I know they have an importer here I'm just not sure how all that works. I know with tanfoglio and EAA you get whatever crap they order and that's that.

Eagle importer only has the Vista and Vista short listed on their website from what I see, I don't see the other pantera star or Vista star. They look good though, I remember reading they have cast frames instead of CNC though.

Ya it depends on what you get. I've seen the vista short in 9 and the regular in 38 sup on gun broker too. Perhaps the star will show up soon. I just want to handle one and see how the fit and finish is. I have read mixed reviews about the standard ones.

So who has shot or played with SPS much? I know they are very big in Europe, but I can't seem to find many thorough reviews of them. I prefer the look of the Pantera to your typical Edge, and like that it comes factory hard chromed.

Can anybody help me out?

The only model I saw was at SHOT. Loosely built with a terrible trigger.

That is a bit disheartening. I was hoping you were gonna say it's fit tight and has a decent trigger, all while looking better in person than the pictures!

Anyone else have hands on with them? Also, how big is their molded in magwell versus say a dawson?

• 9 months later...

Gonna go ahead and resurrect this one. I talked to Eagle Imports and they said there is a chance for some of the other models (Vista Star, Vista long in 9mm, etc) coming into the states on their next shipment in about a month. I don't know if it will pan out or not, but if true that would be pretty interesting.

Cool. I would lke to hear more about them.

Me too. I'm very interested to see if they bring in just the standard Vista long in 9mm, that would be a good backup gun for the low price. I suppose a Vista Short would be okay, but it seems more sketchy to have your loads make major from both a full size and a shorty...

3-port Compensator with 4 holes each side to be drilled to the barrel as per shooter needs.

And if you look at some of the other pictures on the interwebz the holes go to the barrel but not through. You get to decide if you want no holes, 2 holes, 4, 6 or 8. Pretty cool I think.