Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro 5" sight options

Kaldor

Heya gents

I recently picked up a M&P Pro 5" for a good price. Im very happy with the gun, shoots great, accurate enough, dependable (1k shot, no issues), even the trigger isnt horrible. However, the sights, while they work fine, are not what Im looking for. Not quite sure what its called, but I have cover the bullseye with the front sight, to hit the center. I would prefer to aim at 6 o'clock.

Any idea what type of sight, or sight set I should buy to lower my point of aim. Ive looked on Dawson's website, and the array of options is pretty crazy. Im not a bullseye shooter, so they can be a little looser. I do like the front being a fiber optic, makes it easier to pick up. Rears could just be blacked out, but Id be willing to try fiber dots in the rear as well. I dont really want an adjustable in the rear, Id like to keep it simple, thats why I had considered a set from Dawson, front and rear.

I may do some steel shooting at a local club this year, and would like to get this shooting good before it gets rolling. Any suggestions would be great.

+2 on the Dawson's. I have a hard time lining up three dots. I called up Dawson (they were extremely helpful) and ended up ordering a blacked out adjustable rear and fiber optic front. You definitely won't regret it.

I just replaced my stock sights on my M&P Pro CORE Saturday with Dawsons. I am very happy with them. I ordered them and had my LGS put them on. They stock Warren sights, the owner of the shop was very impressed with the Dawson sights.

Another vote for Dawson. Great sights and service. I run the fiber optic front and fiber optic rear adjustable on everything I shoot in competition (M&P Pro 9mm and DW). I've got a couple of carry guns with the Dawson fiber optic "carry" version (M&P Shield and 9c).

I've been going back on fourth on what to do with my M&P 5" Pro. I have changed out the front sight one time to adjust the POI but still am not getting the results I want. It's a mental thing now because I go into matches wondering if I am zeroed properly. At first I was hesitant to go with an adjustable rear sight, but every thread that I read about the Dawson adjustable rear is very positive. I think I'm just going to go for it, Dawson blacked out adjustable rear with a 0.10" x .285 FO front is on its way!

I run 10-8's. They have multiple heights and widths available as well as fiber optic, tritium, and brass inserts. I run a .125 rear notch with .115 front fiber optic. I also have a setup with a .140 rear notch and a .125 front. I prefer the tighter sight picture and thinner front sight.

I also have the dawson adjustable and love them. But they do take you out of production category at least in action pistol

How do you figure it takes you out of production? They're still a notch and post type sight and sights are on the list of minor external parts that can be replaced with aftermarket parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also have the dawson adjustable and love them. But they do take you out of production category at least in action pistol

How do you figure it takes you out of production? They're still a notch and post type sight and sights are on the list of minor external parts that can be replaced with aftermarket parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing.....

Called Dawson yesterday. I put an adjustable rear, and .100 wide fiber front on order. They need to make the sights, but was told they will ship on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Ill throw a couple pics up when I get them installed.

Thanks again.

I was referring to action pistol rule 3..2.1 section d. Sights may be adjustable if originally equipped with adjustable sights.

The 2014 USPSA rule book under Production Division rules in appendix d4 21.6 covers exchange of minor external components and says "sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors, and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts."

• 1 month later...

For those of you that have gone with the Dawson adjustable rear and .100 front fo, are you finding that they work for you in matches? Just started uspsa with my m&p pro and I'm thinking the stock fronts are too wide. Have also been thinking that the adjustable rear would be great for tweaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk