Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Sp01 Shadow Target 2 is IPSC legal?

hwansikcjswo

I just talked to CZ-USA on the phone. I heard it is a IPSC legal from Jeff.

I am confused because I heard CZ SP01 Shadow Target is not a legal for IPSC. However Target 2 is legal?

Does anyone know if it's true? I am not seeing Shadow Target 2 on IPSC production approved pistol list.

I need a CZ shadow to shoot IPSC. Mine right now is a Accued. I may just ask Matt Mink to build one. Unless Target 2 is legal.

Thank you.

Edited by hwansikcjswo

I just talked to CZ-USA on the phone. I heard it is a IPSC legal from Jeff.

I am confused because I heard CZ SP01 Shadow Target is not a legal for IPSC. However Target 2 is legal?

Does anyone know if it's true?

I need a CZ shadow to shoot IPSC. Mine right now is a Accued. I may just ask Matt Mink to build one. Unless Target 2 is legal.

Thank you.

When you say "IPSC",do you mean IPSC or USPSA? There is a difference...

IPSC. Not USPSA.

In that case, from the IPSC production gun list...

"(CZUSA Custom Shop models (including the SP-01 Shadow Target, CZ 75 Shadow T and CZ 75 SP01 ACCU Shadow), and Frankonia models (including Mamba and Viper), are not approved)"

I think there is an issue with CZC not being an "OFM" or so I have heard :rolleyes:

OK..you guys got to think about this.

What is the Target 2.

Target 2 is an SP01 Shadow ( on the production list) with CZ factory competition hammer, with a factory pre B disconnector, and an adjustable rear sight that uses the factory dovetail.

From IPSC rulebook

16. Original parts and components offered by the OFM as standard equipment, or as an option, for a specific model
handgun on the IPSC approved handgun list are permitted, subject to the following:

17.2 Aftermarket open sights (see Rule 5.1.3.1) are permitted, provided their installation and/or adjustment
requires no alteration to the handgun.

So... I emailed IPSC rules director.

Quoting him-

The subject gun is NOT approved. See our list: http://www.ipsc.org/rules/proddiv.php

Regards,
Vince Pinto
IPSC Handgun Rules Director

Join the IPSC Global Village
For everything you ever wanted
to know about IPSC!
http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/
I am not sure if I can make a purchase or not.... I am shooting USPSA Nats this year and I am going to shoot IPSC as well.

So... I emailed IPSC rules director.

Quoting him-

The subject gun is NOT approved. See our list: http://www.ipsc.org/rules/proddiv.php

Regards,

Vince Pinto

IPSC Handgun Rules Director

Join the IPSC Global Village

For everything you ever wanted

to know about IPSC!

http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/

I am not sure if I can make a purchase or not.... I am shooting USPSA Nats this year and I am going to shoot IPSC as well.

I wonder if Vince knows the difference between a Target and Target II.

You asked the question wrong. Of course the Target 2 is not legal . Its not on the list.

The SP01 SHADOW is approved. All the work on the gun is approved. The type of sight and way they are installed is approved.

That's what this gun is.

This is my e-mail conversation with Vince.

1q.

Hi. My name is Hwansik Kim. I am currently a USPSA member.

However, I'd like to shoot IPSC matches. I have a question on CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target 2 (2015 model from CZ USA).
I talked to CZ USA and CZ Custom shop. Both of them told me it should be legal for IPSC production division.
I want to confirm if it is true before I make the purchase.
Thank you.
1a. The subject gun is NOT approved. See our list: http://www.ipsc.org/rules/proddiv.php
2.q
Thank you for the answer.
I have one more question.
Will CZ SP01 Shadow Target 2 be approved for production in the future?
I am hearing that Target 2 should be legal since the slide is not milled and such.
Thank you.
2.a
It will NOT be approved in the future. We do not approve any custom guns created by packagers like CZ Custom.
Regards,
Vince Pinto

I have to agree with Stuart. It's a factory gun with optional factory OFM parts installed, and with open sights fitting the original dovetail. The issue that seems to be complicating matters is the name "Target 2" assigned to this package of factory parts.

Matt1, That makes sense.

So I should look at "Target 2" just to be a cz shadow.

Then It must be legal for IPSC.

Sorry for my lack of intelligence guys.

HOWEVER, I heard in IPSC, trigger job is not allowed. Is it true?

If then, would Target 2's new trigger be okay?

Edited by hwansikcjswo

Matt1, That makes sense.

So I should look at "Target 2" just to be a cz shadow.

Then It must be legal for IPSC.

Sorry for my lack of intelligence guys.

HOWEVER, I heard in IPSC, trigger job is not allowed. Is it true?

If then, would Target 2's new trigger be okay?

The pistol is IPSC production legal if it is a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow with OEM and legal third party parts.

The model of your pistol is what it says on the warranty card.

Asking Vince a question using a CZ Custom model name or even the mention of 'CZ Custom' will always get you a 'No' answer.

"Appendix D4

16.1 Modifications to them, other than minor detailing (the removal of burrs and/or adjustments unavoidably

required in order to fit replacement OFM parts or components),"

Yes, trigger jobs are illegal in IPSC production guns but it is not a trigger job if you are just fitting the parts.

Edited by BMaus