Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad match. Looking for encouragement

b1gcountry

Whoa! what were you doing grabbing the shooters holster as the scorekeeper? Where was the NROI certified RO in charge of that stage?

It's a small club with limited certified RO's. There are no RO's assigned to a stage. They travel with the squad and shoot with them. The other RO may have been on-deck or may have just shot, and might not have been available at that moment.

b1gcountry, chin up, man. I don't think you had a "bad" match at all.

First, the 0 classifiers do not count so no ground lost there. :cheers:

Second, you called your D shot and made it up. Excellent focus and decision making there.

Third, a snagged mag pouch and dumped mags is pure happenstance; could happen to anyone. Nothing you can specifically do about that really because you did not do anything wrong.

Fourth, as you learned from the experience, stop working 3-4 shooters out from your run and just get in your mental space to shoot. So, you learned something important at the match. That, my friend, is a GOOD match! You will apply it and perform better because of what you learned. :cheers:

Fifth, You were definitely helping out in the match. You may need to balance that with making sure you get your mags loaded correctly :goof: , but hey, no big deal, you can do that!

I hope your fellow shooters appreciated your hard work.

So, I realize you would have liked to do better on the classifier, not dump your mags, and not work so much that you got distracted, but still, you personally had a good match in my view and did way more correctly than you did wrong. Plus, you learned some things. Keep doing what you are doing!

• 4 weeks later...

Hah!

I checked the uspsa site on a whim just now, and the scores were good enough to bump me to c class...

I did zero the one stage, and that one didn't count.

The Virginia count stage was not as bad as I had feared. I shot it at 36% even with the procedural penalty.

The other two classifiers were 41-45% scores. My new average is a whopping 40.02%.

Good job!

You never know which scores they're actually going to consider as "valid" when they figure your percentage. I had my percentage figured at around 60.3, (still good enough for a B), and they used scores that I though they would have dropped out of rotation, and I ended up with a 62.79. Sometimes the way they figure your percentage is worse than doing calculus!

Edited by Parallax3D

Good job!

You never know (unless you read the uspsa rules or website) which scores they're actually going to consider as "valid" when they figure your percentage. I had my percentage figured at around 60.3, (still good enough for a B), and they used scores that I though they would have dropped out of rotation, and I ended up with a 62.79. Sometimes the way they figure your percentage is worse than doing calculus!

fixed. lol. But I admit it is a bit complicated sometimes.

Edited by motosapiens

Good job!

You never know (unless you read the uspsa rules or website) which scores they're actually going to consider as "valid" when they figure your percentage. I had my percentage figured at around 60.3, (still good enough for a B), and they used scores that I though they would have dropped out of rotation, and I ended up with a 62.79. Sometimes the way they figure your percentage is worse than doing calculus!

fixed. lol. But I admit it is a bit complicated sometimes.

And sometimes the text editor here sees a B with a parentheses following it as a smiley.