Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Scorpion Mag Pouch

boudreux

They are inexpensive, and they work. They adjust on something akin to a half ball mount, and you can flip the belt attachment to get them higher or lower on the belt depending on your personal preference. When I get home tonight I can post up a pic of my "transitional" rig while waiting for my Safariland order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like them, and continue to use them until I find a reason not to. One trick is to take off the stupid looking front panel that says "Black Scorpion" in gold letters with a gold scorpion as well. Taking the panel off gives easier access to the screw that secures the adjustment ball. I left the front panel off, it has no function other than cosmetic. I kinda prefer the minimalist look.

I just went and measured them, they are 2.25 inches wide at the widest spot. I don't shoot production but I think the big tension adjustment knob is a "no-no". (at least that's the thought in my mind). When I shoot my occasional IDPA match (which is as close to production as I get) I use a Blade Tech double mag pouch. Hope this helped.

That's pretty wide. I can imagine they will be wrapped around my back quite a ways. I think they would probably fit a limited rig better. Thanks for all the help. In case anybody is interested here is a link where they have them for $15 each

http://www.dvor.com/black-scorpion-outdoor-gear-storm-magazine-pouch.html?promotion=best-bets-under-100-50-2015-03-23

Or the storm 2 for $20 each

http://www.dvor.com/black-scorpion-outdoor-gear-storm-ii-competition-magazine-pouch-ultra-color.html?promotion=best-bets-under-100-50-2015-03-23

D4, 20 reads-

•Each magazine must be contained individually within the magazine pouch. Magazines may not be retained through magnetic means.

So I am thinking that as long as they sit behind the hip bone, and are set up vertically they would be GTG.

Yea they will fit but I can get others that don't take up much room so I don't have to reach as far back for the last mag or two

Yeah, no doubt about that. You don't want to look like a someone shooting single stack that has mags from hip bone to back bone.....

I have them and they work well. The only thing I did was permanently glue the ball because they kept sliding around. The knob was a problem once getting hung in the snow fence when I brushed against a USPSA "wall".

I have them and they work well. The only thing I did was permanently glue the ball because they kept sliding around. The knob was a problem once getting hung in the snow fence when I brushed against a USPSA "wall".

I guess you could always flip the knob around inboard and hopefully prevent this.

My wife and I are running three each, plus a magnet on Limited rigs. You REALLY have to put

some tight on them to keep the ball from slipping. I bought a T handle allen wrench--works great.

Mine are set up for Tanfoglio Limited mags. Had to modify the pouches a bit. Hers are for a

M&P, work fine right out of the package.

• 5 years later...