Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 primer disc not indexing all the way.

The primer disc on my 650 was not indexing all the way around.

The primer indexing arm was not springing back far enough to catch the next hole.

It was as if the spring is not long or strong enough to kick it back far enough to catch the hole.

It's a new spring and indexing arm.

I took everything apart. Made sure it was cleaned and lubed still would not index.

I finally stretched the spring a little and now it indexes fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Mel

Yup had the same problem. First of all clean all the lube off. Absolutely no lube on any of the disk parts, then make sure that the round spring that holds the arm down is positioned right. See owners manual with the exploded view. With no lube it runs perfect.

The primer disc on my 650 was not indexing all the way around.

The primer indexing arm was not springing back far enough to catch the next hole.

It was as if the spring is not long or strong enough to kick it back far enough to catch the hole.

It's a new spring and indexing arm.

I took everything apart. Made sure it was cleaned and lubed still would not index.

I finally stretched the spring a little and now it indexes fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Mel

I had the same problem, after I took it apart, and took the spring out, I realized that one of the loops had broken off. I had the spare parts kit that had a replacement spring in it. Replaced it, contacted Dillon and they sent me a new spring so I could replace the one I took out of the spare parts kit for the next time it breaks.

Archived