Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
jid2

CNC Slide Machining - Cyborg Slides

I'm finally setup and ready to machine slides for the peoplez.

Starting off with my Cyborg design. I'd like to keep this pretty standard so I don't need to do custom designs for each person. But feel free to ask about little changes like removing the slot for barrel holes if you know you don't want that feature for example. This style of 3D front panels are based on the Classic slide design, if you are looking at another slide style it may have a variation we'd need to agree on.

You can send in your slide for machining, and I'll also stock a few completed with machining as well. I'll be using STI or CK Arms slides for the ones I provide.

Open Gun:

- Rear swoop

- Flat top

- Slot for barrel holes

- Guide rod relief

- Rear cocking panels

- Cyborg 3D front panels

- 1 degree relief on front face

Limited Gun:

- Flat top

- Guide rod relief

- Rear cocking panels

- Cyborg 3D front panels

- Does not include any machining for sights

Price $205 with customer supplied slide

Price $415 on Binary Eng supplied slide (STI or CK)

IMG_7666.jpg

IMG_7661.jpg

IMG_7646.jpg

This is awesome...I will definitely be getting this done on my next open build!

Very nice! Have you used one on a Limited gun? I've seen your Open and woudl like to see how it looks without comp, CMore, etc...

I will be soon, a member here is sending some and we have some cool stuff planned.

How do you feel about using this slide with a hybrid barrel? I'm tossing around ideas for my next open build, and am considering a ribbed barrel. Any concerns with strength after cutting the slide to fit the rib?

Thanks

Glenn

Should be OK. I haven't setup to cut the rib out just yet - so you would have to handle that.

I run them on the weekends. So typically the 1st or 2nd weekend from when I get the slide.

I did some, I personally don't think they look as good, I created the design based on the classic slide. Here are some versions, top one is similar to a butler cut, bottom is the normal design cut into a unique..

Unique%20cuts.png

Edited by jid2

I still have a completed open slide on a CK arms slide available.

Can one send in their own slide for you to do the Cyborg machining on? 

Yes.  But there are a few conditions.I need to be setup on my machine to do the work or you'd be waiting forever.  Right now the setup is off the machine and I'm doing other projects for at least a few months.  Other thing is my fixturing tends to prefer STI and CK Arms slides.  I tried a Caspien but there was too much material on the rails and it would not go unto the fixture without extra work.

I do have a finished open cyborg on an STI slide available.

Bummer, I have a fitted STI slide already just looking for machining. If I don't find anyone else in 3 months I will let you know, thanks for the response.