Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casefeeder/Bulletfeeder Brace

A shooting friend of mine just set up a Mr Bulletfeeder on his 1050 and is having issues due to a lack of rigidity- the casefeeder with the added load moves around quite a bit. I haven't set up my MBF yet but will be in the next couple of weeks.

I was thinking of making a steel support that would slip over the casefeeder mount near the level where the casefeeder sits with tubing connecting it to a plate mounted to the bench or to the wall to try to keep it a little more steady.I was thinking of using a large bolt, a nut welded to the bracket and a jam nut to be able to take up play between support and casefeeder tube.

I've seen people use guy wires but I have the ability to fabricate a support, so leaning towards something along those lines. Has anyone built a bracket that wouldn't mind sharing pictures, or made a separate mount for the MBF? I did a search, but didn't come across anything besides the guy wires.

I use a tube over the Dillon post under the case feeder and made a mount for my bullet collator.

The amount of cases and bullets that you can run the collators with don't weigh enough to bend or flex the 1" box tube

If your buddy's is moving around quite a bit either the bolts that secure the tube to the press are loose or the bench is not strong enough.

A shooting friend of mine just set up a Mr Bulletfeeder on his 1050 and is having issues due to a lack of rigidity- the casefeeder with the added load moves around quite a bit.

What kind of issues is your friend having? Casefeeder moving a bit due to increased weight is a feature, not a problem. If the movement actually caused problems, MBF mounting would probably have been designed in another way...

• 3 weeks later...

My original plan was to brace my case feeder to the wall, very similar to Sarge's second picture. I would occasionally get upside down bullets and bullets falling out of the BF, despite the bench being rather rigid.

I opted to lower the feeder at the same time., and attach to the wall only. It's lowered ~6". I've ran 500 rounds through with out issue.

Only issues I might run into is; when I start loading .223, outrunning the case feeder could be possible. Also, if it was any lower the bullets would not fall through the spring to the dropper, not enough downward angle.

0d0bfcef84c78bd9a076196aecab13a1.jpg

2f97e1e83d8fd9c28f78dad7ecedb42c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...