Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do Custom Gunsmiths do this for a reason?

BigGabe

FWIW...I have a buddy who paid for an open gun well over a year ago (I think it's close to two years)...he still has not received the gun. He contacted PT several times. Last I heard he asked for his money back.

I worked on another PT gun that had the whole corner of the feed ramp buzzed off. It left a gap between the frame and the feed ramp. The gun was a special order with the owner's name engraved, etc, etc. I was working on the gun because it would not feed .40sw ammo. I checked the chamber with a go/no-go gage and found the chamber was short. Additionally, when I ran my finish reamer into it the first time, I found the bottom of the chamber was not straight and parallel. The only thing I can figure on that was that a dull finish reamer was used.

D

PT could also be Phoenix Trinity so if you're going to slam someone on the forum, please be precise :cheers:

When the gun was received the first time it wouldn't work. My friend who ordered the gun called the owner of Predator Tactical and he sent a call tag for it and said it would be fixed and returned in a couple days. It was returned where all function issues should have been resolved but weren't, it worked better but still was way too undependable for competition use. The hole through the bottom of the slide was not addressed both times they had the gun. Honestly guys that's just one thing in a list of things that wasn't right with the gun that they could have fixed but didn't when it was back for the second time. It's been 2 days since I emailed him with no response. Best thing to do is move on. How's the old saying go, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

From what happened with Predator Tactical isn't Gabe lucky to have even gotten the gun in the first place?

I about cried when I saw "Matt" in the last post! So I had to go back and read everything else. I knew My "Matt" would not do something like this!

What happened?

From what happened with Predator Tactical isn't Gabe lucky to have even gotten the gun in the first place?

I about cried when I saw "Matt" in the last post! So I had to go back and read everything else. I knew My "Matt" would not do something like this!

What happened?

They may be referring the the rumors that occasionally PT is a bit later than promised shipping guns.

Wanted to give everyone an update, heard from Matt this morning, he is making my friend a new pistol and it should be done in 3 weeks or so. I will update with results and post when pistol is in hand and inspected.

What happened?

They may be referring the the rumors that occasionally PT is a bit later than promised shipping guns.

You have to go to doodie project forums or elsewhere to read the whole deal. We are not allowed to talk negatively about a gun builder no matter what they did.

Of course you can always PM somebody and ask.

What happened?

You have to go to doodie project forums or elsewhere to read the whole deal. We are not allowed to talk negatively about a gun builder no matter what they did.

Of course you can always PM somebody and ask.

Why don't you post your questions in the appropriate dealer forum?

I have known Matt for years. There are some behind the scenes issues that MAY have played a part in this problem.

My sense is Matt is a very stand up guy. He will make this right.

My bitch is I would have contacted Matt before posting this stuff. Not getting an immediate reply is not unusal for any builder, most are guys enough and get to phone calls and emails as quickly as they can.!

Snarking about the cost is just an opinion and totally uncalled for here.

Trashing a guy for a problem is chicken shit without giving them a chance to make it right.. I have seen guns built or know personally guns that were built by famous names that were not right. Not right from the first delivery and not made right on the second go around. This is nothing new except in this example it got blown up on this forum.

Yes, I know I am lucky to have guns by Kodiak Precision and SV but I have had guns built by C&S that went into 2+ years and a gun built by a member of the pistolsmith guild that had the lug shear. So shit happens get over it or get a Glock.

Edited by pjb45

I have read enough about predator tactical that makes your rant fall on deaf ears. I had personal dealings with him some time back that would cause me to never do a business deal with him.

Sure, any gun builder can make a mistake. I have had it happen to me. But there are mistakes and then there are major problems. This involves more than a simple mistake.

Also, I thought the OP tried to reach out to the builder with no response.