Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Plug Flush Question.

Kraj

Im new to production, im getting a belt together to shoot some matches this year. I bought a grip plug for my 35 and it doesnt sit quite flush. At the highest point it extends .065 inches away from the frame.

In the 2014 version of the rule book it says in the production Appendix it says:

22.3 External plugs - Remains in effect – external plugs which alter the grip profile or extend past the bottom of the grip are PROHIBITED.

Seattle Slug)
But then doing some searchs around here I found this NROI ruling from 2009.

Special Notes/Clarifications:

n Per existing NROI ruling, a plastic plug which fits flush (+/- 0.1”) with heel of the grip IS allowed.

n For purposes of this interpretation, a plug weighing more than 0.5 ounce is considered “adding significant weight”.

So am i in the clear or do I need to grab some sand paper?

Your GTG. That is considered flush and 2 no one is measuring the plug to verify how far it extends. The ones that really hang way down and the brass ones are what will get you bumped

Edited by EkuJustice

Your GTG. That is considered flush and 2 no one is measuring the plug to verify how far it extends. The ones that really hang way down and the brass ones are what will get you bumped

agreed.

Would I be correct in thinking that the "flush" plug is approved because, say I have limited division gun with a mag well, I could remove the mag well, leave the attaching plug in the gun and be okay? Assuming the Limited Division gun has no other external modifications.

I would say you are probably fine due to how the rules are enforced. unfortunately the way the current rule book is written you would need to find a line in the current appendix or a published ruling that specifically allows it and that does not exist. I know that the intent of the rules is not to make that a illegal modification but that's how it is written.

Would I be correct in thinking that the "flush" plug is approved because, say I have limited division gun with a mag well, I could remove the mag well, leave the attaching plug in the gun and be okay? Assuming the Limited Division gun has no other external modifications.

there is also a weight restriction on the plug so if it's not plastic it may be illegal

there is also a weight restriction on the plug so if it's not plastic it may be illegal
I see a weight restriction on the whole gun but not the plug it's self?

See post #1

See post #1
That is from a older rule book, it is not part of the current rules