Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spare Parts Recommendation - Stock II

Jetskidawg

So I finally landed a Stock II in 9mm and I'm happy. Problem is, if it goes down in a match I don't have a backup. So the question for those of you who have run Tanfos for a while is: what spare parts should I have in my bag?

I've used extra fiber optic cuz it came out but I carry a backup to all matches and just go to it. I keep spare things as peace of mind I guess??? Or just to say I got spares maybe??? No rhyme or reason to my madness sometimes

The henning trigger bolt head sheared off once. the nut came loose and fell off on a separate occasion. Both occasions was forced to run it as is. Luckily, the pin stayed in place.

I have read about quite a number of people breaking trigger return springs in their stock 2s, and limited pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by cvincent

i have friends with over 50k rounds with stock slide stop....if you really need to bring spare parts it will be fiber optic, trigger return spring, sear spring...

I would (and do) have:

Slide stop (or henning slide pin)

Recoil spring

Trigger return spring

Sear spring

Fibre rod for front sight

That's about it. If you still have the glocks you could always bring one as a backup. Might be easier to just switch to the glock than try and repair a broken match gun.

Has anyone actually had anything go wrong in a match that spare parts would fix?

When you spend $200 on a hotel, $100 on a match fee, and $100 on gas to shoot a major match, there is a peace of mind to having a back up gun and/or spare parts :cheers:

Has anyone actually had anything go wrong in a match that spare parts would fix?

When you spend $200 on a hotel, $100 on a match fee, and $100 on gas to shoot a major match, there is a peace of mind to having a back up gun and/or spare parts :cheers:

I learned first hand importance of a backup gun at the Alabama Sectional. Drove 6+ hours and my gun stopped on the 4th stage and so I wouldn't have finished without my backup Stock III.

I'm still running my stock sear spring, trigger return spring, slide stop, and rear sight after 27,000 rounds. Its a 9mm limited though. I just replaced my extractor for peace of mind at 25K.