Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 Round Tubes?

Religious Shooter

Thinking back on the A2 match on 3 out of the 5 stages you were screwed if you didn't have a 40 rounder (or a beta-mag downloaded). For me it was actually 4 of the 5 stages.

Being a Kaliban resident I can't buy a complete 40 rounder. But I have 20 or 30 rounders that need refurbishing. Going by the defunct Crime Bill and the ATF's interpretations... as long as the magazine being refurbished is 1) a high cap and 2) the refurbished magazine works on the same gun (the way AR-10(?) mags could be made during the ban) you are cool. Changing the capacity didn't really matter. Just as you could add +2 or +whatever to the hi-caps during the dark years and still be good.

Does this interpretation sound right? Can I take a 40-round tube and take the follower and baseplate from a 30 and be free and clear of the Man? (You know the same man that made Black History Month the shortest month of the year.)

And more importantly, are there any vendors out there that sell the 40 round tubes to people behind enemy lines? :P