Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kytex Mag Pouches

boudreux

I used these for my m&p 9 mags all last year in production and a few 3 gun matches. They all held up good. I went to DAA because I wanted to try bullets out this out this year. I think they are great for the money.

I've only been shooting competition for a little over a year so dont take what what I say to seriously.

I think with a little modification and practice you can make anything work for you.

I just got these for my new pistol

http://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Duty-Gear-Slimline-Magazine/dp/B004DSSTVC

For 3 reasons

1. Save money, 2 of them holds 6 mags and it was just over $40 total (I have amazon prime, no shipping charge)

2. Take up less space on my belt for 3 gun.

3. I wanted to try bullets out. After a little practice I was faster than my SS rig with bullets forward.

I've only been shooting competition for a little over a year so dont take what what I say to seriously.

I think with a little modification and practice you can make anything work for you.

I just got these for my new pistol

http://www.amazon.com/Safariland-Duty-Gear-Slimline-Magazine/dp/B004DSSTVC

For 3 reasons

1. Save money, 2 of them holds 6 mags and it was just over $40 total (I have amazon prime, no shipping charge)

2. Take up less space on my belt for 3 gun.

3. I wanted to try bullets out. After a little practice I was faster than my SS rig with bullets forward.

I love these mag pouches. Very versatile with the adjustments and hold mags secure in a very small space. Althought I have gone DAA for all mys USPSA gear, I still use these pouches for 3gun. The G17 pouch will fit mags from 45, 40 and 9mm for all my M&P needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Shooters Connection and buy the Ghost mag holders. With the BENOS discount they are 4 dollars more each but you can try both bullets regular and bullets out. Plus if you move on they will fit other mags so you won't have to buy again. I bought mine for M&P mags but you can adjust them for STI mags. In the long run they will save money. Plus SC doesn't charge extra for shipping just the shipping.

I have six 1911 kytex pouches. They have solid retention, stay on the belt well and work well for IDPA and carry use as too. They are good, but limited... they only hold mags upright against the body. If you have a spare tire hanging over your belt, you may want a different pouch that has more angle adjustability.

Edited by JoeyMac

I've been using Kytex mag pouches for Glock 9mm. IDPA, USPSA, 3gun, multi gun, steel. They are lite and minimalistic, but do the job great. Got the 1 3/4" belt loop so they fit on my outer belt for 3gun and put velcro on the inside to stick to the inner belt. One time you might have some trouble with them are the "pick-up" stages where you have to pickup and stow your mags off a table before moving on to targets and shooting positions. There is no adjustment so the hole is just big enough to keep the retention. Now, being kydex, one should be able to heat up and flare the upper edges and problem might be solved. For competitions where you don't find yourself doing that, not an issue, they work great.

The Kytex look like a close copy of the Ready Tactical that Chris Patty (CPWSA) sells. You might want to check him out before you buy as he is a vendor here and is a big supporter of USPSA and other shooting sports.

Can you slip the RTs onto a belt or do you have to thread them on?

The Kytex look like a close copy of the Ready Tactical that Chris Patty (CPWSA) sells. You might want to check him out before you buy as he is a vendor here and is a big supporter of USPSA and other shooting sports.

Either way.

Either way.

Perfect! I see that SKD Tac sells them and that just makes it a done deal.

I use Kytex pouches for everything I do - concealed carry, IDPA, and USPSA - for both Glocks and M&Ps. They work great for concealed carry and IDPA, but for USPSA Limited I'm thinking about swapping to Ready Tactical offset mag pouches. The Kytex fit very close to the body, and I feel my mag changes would be faster and smoother if I had a little more space to work with.