Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trashing a stage by putting one between the eyes on a Non-Threat

Fordfan485

Starts at the 17 second mark in the video below. While transitioning between head shots from left to right my eyes went immediately to the next target head, problem was it was the non threat. Didn't even remember seeing the painted hands on it was just focused on the head. I wasted so much time digging the 2nd magazine out of my front left pocket(forgot to pack the 2nd mag pouch). I would have had a better off just taking the -5 on the head. Doing that I would have come out 3.78 seconds faster.

post-47582-0-18453000-1426905937_thumb.j

Edited by Fordfan485

Looks like you did a pretty good job overall. All this takes some time on the learning curve. I'm thinking that you need to direct more of your focus to the targets and a little less on the sights. Visualizing the stage before you shoot will keep you on plan too.

It happens, back in 2000 at IDPA State match I bullseyed a non-threat in the head on the very first stage. :surprise:

Fast forward to today, where I managed to nail one on the 3rd stage that I was shooting (in the head no less).

Somehow I managed to drop a shot into the brainpan of a hostage that didn't drop to the floor when commanded.... :angry2:

Edited by superslowmo